• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Netflix pulled the plug, again?

chmodx

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2010
The new netflix which worked fine on Friday loaded tonight. When I went to watch a movie tonight on it, it acts as if it's going to play, but then I get a message saying: It looks like Netflix has been disabled for this device or there is an issue with your account.

My account is fine, I'm watching the movie on my PC right now.

Can anyone else check and verify this? I'm on the current netflix app that we downloaded this past week.

The new netflix which worked fine on Friday loaded tonight. When I went to watch a movie tonight on it, it acts as if it's going to play, but then I get a message saying: It looks like Netflix has been disabled for this device or there is an issue with your account.

My account is fine, I'm watching the movie on my PC right now.

Can anyone else check and verify this? I'm on the current netflix app that we downloaded this past week.

I think Netflix was a little flaky yesterday. I had issues that ranged from "Unable to authenticate this device" to "This movie unavailable at this time" and others. I had issues with the Netflix app on my Samsung Blu-ray, the 7MC Netflix app on my dedicated HTPC, and on my phone.

Upvote 0
Only issue I had was when they updated their app last week, got the notification when i tried to log in from my DX. no other issues.

why Netflix cant seem to code their app security properly instead of relying on hardware to do it for them is anyone's guess. they really should just fix their app and release it for all droids and call it done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones