• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Netflix work around? Is there a chance in hell this could work?

I went through all the stages I had the 3 development client versions from xga delopers. I edited build.prop when it was only for selected androids.
Good thing I backed it up I'll restore it later when I have a chance.
So did Netflix just decide to allow it on all phones?
The market will now let me install it without editing build.prop?
I'm on metro pcs and it usually only works on wifi.
Or is that mega upload link the new xga developer client and I don't install from the market?

Upvote 0
I went through all the stages I had the 3 development client versions from xga delopers. I edited build.prop when it was only for selected androids.
Good thing I backed it up I'll restore it later when I have a chance.
So did Netflix just decide to allow it on all phones?
The market will now let me install it without editing build.prop?
I'm on metro pcs and it usually only works on wifi.
Or is that mega upload link the new xga developer client and I don't install from the market?

im on cm7 and i downloaded the app from market and it didnt have no device check and i was watching movies in no time.

Upvote 0
It didn't let me do it before. That was why i changed build.prop

After that it did. But then it started showing a black sceen when trying to load movies last 2 days. I left changed build.prop back to default and left netflix installed.
I'll reinstall netflix again with the default setting if it doesn't work when i get home.

Upvote 0
For the record If you're running Froyo and not cm6 or cm7

Netflix doesn't have a device check but Android market does.

I had to download the vision spoof Neflix client from XGA developers.
Since after changing build.prop back I could no longer download Netflix from the market. That client is making it work for now:).
Hopefully netflix won't go the way of Hulu to make sure unlicensed phones can't run Netflix. Now I have the annoyance of clicking cancel everytime when it wants to update. Might try to update it if the client stops working again.

Upvote 0
xda-developers

Create an xda account then download vision spoof.

filename: Netflix 1.2.2-HTC Vision-b.apk

Netflix only works on Wifi on Metro.

Used to be able to get the file without joining xda now it is locked.
you might hafe to join to get it unless you can find it at another source.
Just make sure you uninstall your last Netflix client before installing this.

This fixed my black screen with no sound netflix problem and 1005 error.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones