• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NETFLIX WORKS!! It Streams videos on my ALLY!!!

swc2001

Android Expert
Aug 28, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
This might be a redundant question and way off topic, but, how much is netflix per month? ive been contemplating getting it. What's everyone like about it? Hate? other?

it's good if you like older movies/shows but if you're like me & are into updated movies/shows not so much. I do use it on my PS3 so my son can watch cartoons lol

Upvote 0
Yeah, Netflix is cool. I have a friend that pays for the Premium Package (~16 a month iirc) it lets him attach as many devices as he wants, so I use his account for my xbox, pc, laptop, and my gf's dinc.

After using it for about half a year I have a really hard time finding content worth watching. Im sure the snail-mail dvds have good selection, but the OnDemand play is lacking.

I like hulu for newer shows and more content updates, only problem is I refuse to pay hulu the 7.99 a month to stream to mobile devices and xbox, especially since they have commercials.... Lots of commercials, but hey, without commercials I would never know theres a new Call of Duty comming out

Upvote 0
Indeed the Netflix Instant or whatever they call it needs to be updated with more recent movies. There's a pretty decent selection of tv shows, but the movie selection seems to get more and more outdated.

I have several devices active on my account, 2 PCs, a laptop, Xbox, my parents laptop, and my Nook. I didn't know there was a limit and will have to check on it before I run into issues.

Upvote 0
They removed the device check from the official app. Netflix did. And i got a month free of HuluPlus on my 360 just go onto their page when using IE9. and after this month is up i get another month for being a student ;) arent very many commercials from what ive seen
Yeah now you can use the official Netflix app.
It works just like it did in the cracked app. But here is where I am concerned. The ally cant download netflix from the market. We are at the mercy of people uploading the .apk. If they upgrade again are we going to be in the same boat again? Waiting for XDA to put up the latest Netflix app?

Oh well maybe I shouldnt borrow trouble and just be glad Netflix came to their senses and took the device check off. They better keep me happy. they are hanging on by a thread in my house.

**edit**
added the most current Netflix app that works

Attachments

• com.netflix.mediaclient-2.apk
    5.5 MB · Views: 169
Upvote 0
Yeah now you can use the official Netflix app.
It works just like it did in the cracked app. But here is where I am concerned. The ally cant download netflix from the market. We are at the mercy of people uploading the .apk. If they upgrade again are we going to be in the same boat again? Waiting for XDA to put up the latest Netflix app?

Oh well maybe I shouldnt borrow trouble and just be glad Netflix came to their senses and took the device check off. They better keep me happy. they are hanging on by a thread in my house.

**edit**
added the most current Netflix app that works

Tried that link too. It says I don't have the necessary permissions. Lol

Upvote 0
I dunno guys. All I know is that it works fine on mine and my wifes.

You might try to see if you have any devices left on your netflix account.

You can only have 6 devices with the smaller netflix accounts.

I have heard that being the problem with some peoples.

Just remove some devices and then try again.

Thats the only suggestion I have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones