• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Netguard Problem

Sounds like you still need go through the entire listing to allow a lot of apps/processes through your firewall. I approach it from the opposite way, initially allowing everything WiFi and mobile data access and then just selectively blocking those specific apps/processes I know I don't want to have any online access.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
You'll probably get better results starting from scratch by going into your Settings >> Apps >> NetGuard and then tap on Storage to access the 'Clear data' button. Using 'Clear data' will wipe any settings/configurations you made, along with the app's cache, returning the app to its original, clean state. Just using 'Uninstall' doesn't necessarily wipe everything.

Upvote 0
Installed Netguard on my Moto G5+ with Android 7.0. Main reason was to only use wifi with Pandora.
Had trouble receiving calls/ no ring. As soon as I uninstalled it, I could get calls.
Does anyone have knowledge about this or heard of this problem. Maybe I have a setting wrong.
Kind of lost !!

Ken

I use Netguard and in the settings at the top do not turn it on where it shows the key icon. Only Stop apps you don't want to receive or send data by ticking the red and the green funnel shaped icons beside each app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones