• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Network busy/clear dialer storage

DanMarg

Apr 9, 2010
Every week or so my Eris won't dial out. I get a long silence followed by a network busy error. I go to manage applications/dialer and clear dialer storage and it works fine...as long as I do that or reboot the phone every few days. I found this solution on another forum, but couldn't find much discussion or analysis of the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any long term solutions? It's happened since I got the phone months ago and I have very few apps... almost none when it first started. Not using Google Voice. Still running 1.5.

If you are having this happen on a regular basis it is either a network problem in your area or a bad phone. Either way, I would stop by your local Verizon store and see if they can help you. The phone is still under warranty so a replacement shouldn't be a problem.

I've noticed that fighting issues like that for most people just isn't worth it.

Upvote 0
It does seem like a memory glitch to me, which means software. I have seen some posts that dialer storage may include sms or mms, which I virtually never use; or may limit call logs. But, when I clear dialer storage the call log seems unaffected. By the way, the dialer storage Total reads 8 kb; Application 0; Data 8 kb. Total is never higher. Does that sound right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones