1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Network busy/clear dialer storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DanMarg, May 4, 2010.

1. DanMarg

DanMarg Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Every week or so my Eris won't dial out. I get a long silence followed by a network busy error. I go to manage applications/dialer and clear dialer storage and it works fine...as long as I do that or reboot the phone every few days. I found this solution on another forum, but couldn't find much discussion or analysis of the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any long term solutions? It's happened since I got the phone months ago and I have very few apps... almost none when it first started. Not using Google Voice. Still running 1.5.

Advertisement

2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    If you are having this happen on a regular basis it is either a network problem in your area or a bad phone. Either way, I would stop by your local Verizon store and see if they can help you. The phone is still under warranty so a replacement shouldn't be a problem.

I've noticed that fighting issues like that for most people just isn't worth it.

3. DanMarg

DanMarg Member

Apr 9, 2010
    It does seem like a memory glitch to me, which means software. I have seen some posts that dialer storage may include sms or mms, which I virtually never use; or may limit call logs. But, when I clear dialer storage the call log seems unaffected. By the way, the dialer storage Total reads 8 kb; Application 0; Data 8 kb. Total is never higher. Does that sound right?