1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Network connection toggle I'd like to see

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by HunterBrooke, May 22, 2011.

1. HunterBrooke

HunterBrooke Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    I'd like a single 1x1 widget that would toggle 3G and wifi. 3G, 4g, and wifi when Verizon rolls LTE up here (60 miles north of SF).

I want either 3G or wifi, so a single toggle between them would be great, rather than a separate one for each. Actually, I guess it would toggle 3G > wifi > off.

Is there one?

TIA

Advertisement

2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    So picky. Just be satisfied with what already exists. I use widgetoid. Ten toggles fit in a four square space. Plus i can access it via my notification bar. Sweetness.

3. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    I also use Widgetsoid (if that is what you meant) and you can essentially get a one button toggle to switch between 3g and WiFi. Widgetsoid lets you toggle your 3g on/off through some renaming of the APN or something like that. You have data enabled in your Android settings and it stays that way. Where the one button toggle comes in is that you can also have a button to toggle WiFi on/off and it can be synced with your data to have 3g come on when WiFi is off and vice-versa. You might need to have the 3g toggle visible so you can get them in sync but then you could delete it. Why I say they have to get in sync is because you could also press the 3g toggle to turn it off when WiFi is off so there is no network running.

Download Widgetsoid (it is free) and play with these two and you will see what I mean. I use this program for a lot more than just those two functions. I don't know of a one button widget that will toggle between everything you want to do, though.

HunterBrooke likes this.
  4. HunterBrooke

HunterBrooke Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    That's a start. Thanks.