1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Network connection - ZTE Zmax Pro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by babygurl3612011, Mar 6, 2017.

1. babygurl3612011

My network keeps going in and out plus when I'm at home it goes to 2g!!! I have restarted it I really don't want to have to do a reset!!! Please help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Who is your carrier? What Build number is your phone on?

3. babygurl3612011

Metro and

Attached Files:

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I am going to assume that you, at one time, had decent coverage and that this is a fairly new development. Do you have a data limit? You could see degraded network performance when you exceed your data limit within a single billing cycle. And, sometimes (although rarely) the throttling "sticks" and you have to call your carrier to have them refresh it.

Barring MertroPCS having tower issues in your neighborhood you might just need a new sim card.

5. babygurl3612011

Yea just until recently when I go outside of town it goes to 4g, but at home it's 2G.. no unlimited...

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hmm. That really could be a tower issue. I had a similar problem last year when AT&T was doing upgrades in our area and the signal was almost nonexistent for several weeks. You might want to check with Metro.

Unforgiven likes this.
  7. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

You should do the system upgrade to B14. That solves that network drop issue.

Unforgiven and Rob like this.
  8. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

tube517
    You should do the system upgrade to B14. That solves that network drop issue.

Settings > about phone > system updates > check for update

tube517 likes this.
  9. babygurl3612011

The upgrade is there but will not let me do it when I click install it goes to previous menu

10. MigDaMusicMan

MigDaMusicMan Member

If you have an SD card in your phone try taking it out before attempting to update

tube517 likes this.
  11. babygurl3612011

Thanks it worked but now my phone is running hot

12. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Do you have a case on it?

13. good4life

good4life Newbie

Just completed he B14 update and phone ran much warmer than usual during update. Took case off and did a reboot and it has cooled down. I never had any issues with B08.

14. ExLegionAir

ExLegionAir Well-Known Member

The overheating is an issue in the B14 update. My phone gets very hot when charging.

15. adnrom

adnrom Lurker

You can install an app that will force hibernate background apps, that's helped me with the overheating problem.

ZTE Zmax Pro Forum

The ZTE Zmax Pro release date was July 2016. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 617 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

July 2016
Release Date
Reviews