• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root network data connectivity issue

heliosxx

May 31, 2011
Hey guys, I've seen this issue discussed a couple of times in passing, stuff like "it's supposed to be better with ZVD" but I haven't been able to find any workarounds or solutions listed anywhere and people don't seem to be asking about it, so I'm guessing I'm missing out on something.

Specifically my network data (1x, no 3/4g outside 128 belt Boston) doesn't always come back. When the phone sleeps or is on wifi the network is turned off. It comes back for a while when I wake it, but at some point it stops coming back.
I've tried airplane mode and changing the data on/off and that does nothing at all. currently my only choice seems to be reboot, which takes a few minutes.

I'm on ZVD and was stock, but when the network data dropped out after less than hour I decided to try breakout ROM. That SEEMED better, but I think issue is somewhat random. At least there's now an easy reboot option with this ROM.

Anyway, any advice/guidance/solutions? Or even if other people are having the same issue. The search terms are so generic I get TONS of irrelevant hits.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones