• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Network Error, Please Check Network

Since you said you have a Epic 4G Touch, I assume your carrier is Sprint. Sprint's network does not allow you to receive phone calls and be on the internet simultaneously. When you make a call that network error pops up. Nothing wrong just standard message. Nothing wrong with your phone. My information came straight from Samsung tech support. Hope this helps.

Regards,
biff441

Reactions: Speed Daemon
Upvote 0
I didn't want to start a new thread about this but I'm having the same problem. The phone has the 3g icon constantly but at some point it just drops internet. No internet connection. Error 104 or 67.

I have to Update Profile for internet to come back. Anyone have a solution to this?

Error 67 was a common error where username / PW didnt match for data services. Its been years since i have seen that.
Just an FYI, im in Dallas and its one of the places to get LTE first. I have been having issues with my Epic Touch and GTab 7 with 3G data dissapearing and getting a username / pw error and it goes away after a while.
Both devices are on different accounts, and i also talked to a chick yesterday who also had 3G icon gone on her android phone. So makes me wonder if maybe they are doing upgrades to the network in my area and having some issues with this.

Upvote 0
I also have the Samsung Galaxy S II. It just started giving me that message a week ago. Everything on my phone still works, I just get that message. It happens when making a call or receiving calls. I can still get the call and make them, its just that msg won't stop showing up. I called Sprint technical support and they tried to help me solve it. They said it could have something to do w/ the software. They tried everything they could to solve it over the phone but no luck as I updated everything twice, reset the phone and took the battery out. No luck. So now I have to take it into Sprint because if it is the software problem, then they either will fix it or replace it with a new one.

Upvote 0
Found out the network error thing is caused by the app "Best Wallpapers HD". If you have this app uninstall it and the problem will go away when getting phone calls.

I was having the same exact problem with my Verizon WIreless Droid X2 and I too had the I too had the "Best Wallpapers HD" app. After reading this post I quoted, I deleted it and have not had any problems since. This is obviously what is causing it. I'm going to share that peace of adivse with everyone I know. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Found out the network error thing is caused by the app "Best Wallpapers HD". If you have this app uninstall it and the problem will go away when getting phone calls.

I was also getting the network error, but only when I tried to use my internet. I had downloaded this app a couple of weeks ago, and since I've deleted I have had no problems since. Thanks so much!

Upvote 0
I just tried this, I was on the internet and I was receiving calls while I was on the internet with no problem.

There are two ways that this can happen on Sprint. First, you were connected to wifi while making the call, or second, you were connected to 4G while making the phone call. You can not use 3G data while making a phone call on Sprint with the SGSIIE4GT. :)

Upvote 0
I was using 3G data while receiving a call, I was browsing the web on my Epic 4G Touch calling my phone back to back simultaneously and EVERY SINGLE CALL went through.

The real question here though is, could you surf different web pages while being connected to a phone call with only 3G data? I'm guessing not. Notice when you take a call that the 3G icon goes away? This is because 3G data is un-useable while on a phone call. You can be browsing the internet, have a phone call come in that you answer, and then resume surfing after hanging up, but you cannot be on that same phone call and surf the web at the same time. Upon looking back over this thread, I think that maybe we were both thinking of different things. :)

Upvote 0
The real question here though is, could you surf different web pages while being connected to a phone call with only 3G data? I'm guessing not. Notice when you take a call that the 3G icon goes away? This is because 3G data is un-useable while on a phone call. You can be browsing the internet, have a phone call come in that you answer, and then resume surfing after hanging up, but you cannot be on that same phone call and surf the web at the same time. Upon looking back over this thread, I think that maybe we were both thinking of different things. :)

sorry kit..disagree here..jusr today was on fone, 2nd line rang in plus carrying on 2 different text conversations..plus..was trying to look something up on net for first call..not usually like that but it worked. I'm on net all time..no problems

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones