1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support "network error"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bytheriver, Sep 21, 2010.

1. bytheriver

bytheriver Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Has anyone else been getting the "network error" message while in the marketplace? I usually hit retry and it comes right up, but what gives? I have seen it more and more with this phone...

Advertisement

2. Pekkle

Pekkle Member

Sep 15, 2010
    You are not alone. Two of my phones does that. I don't have that issue with any other android phones except this one. No solutions for this as far as I can tell. Was going to use wifi instead, but the signal sucks so bad I went back to 3g only.everything about this phone is weak. Wifi, signal and even bluetooth sucked bad.

3. bytheriver

bytheriver Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    yes, I've had the Eris and Incredible, never had that issue with either of them..

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    I think I've seen that once or twice. I think it might have something to do with the strength of the 3G signal or lack thereof; not certain

5. fluffyfrogg

fluffyfrogg Member

Sep 15, 2010
    I had this problem too. Actually, I had many problems with my fascinate. The screen ended up flashing and a bunch of colored lines showed up leaving it unusable... Took it back and exchanged it for another one. No problems with it whatsoever. Not even the network error. :)

6. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Had this happen to my wife's Fascinate. I created a Google account/email and made sure under "Settings"/Accounts and sync that BOTH "Background data" and "Auto-sync" were checked.

problem solved.

7. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Computer Engineer
    Upstate, NY
    I'm using WiFi and the Market sucks. I go to "Downloads" and I keep getting network errors. Seems to work ok after initial reboot, but then it stinks again.

It seems to work better in 3G when it's a good signal, but at home that is just as bad.

8. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Portland, OR
    Marketplace has been slow for me the last couple days, but it seems equally as slow on my Incredible under the same conditions so I don't think it is just the Fascinate?