1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support network issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boo_2018, Oct 7, 2011.

1. boo_2018

boo_2018 Lurker
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Hi everyone,

First of all i'm sorry if i have posted in the wrong place, i am new to this site.

I have the htc desire hd, it was unlocked (but originally on Vodafone) I have had it since march. About 4weeks ago a new update became available, so of course i updated the phone. The next day my network was saying "no service" So i contacted my service provider and they said they had issues in my area... this carried on over a week and those issues were sorted out but my phone was still not working.
    I tried various different sim cards, and the only one that worked was Vodafone, so i went to see vodafone- they couldn't help, my network could not help. So i sent the phone back to htc, they have tried to tell me that my phone has water damage... and suddenly my phone does not work on any network since receiving it back today, not even vodafone. My phone has never come into contact with water... i'm really confused and do not know what to do.

Has anyone else ever had similar issues or any advise on how to sort it out.

My current network provider is Giffgaff (they run through o2)

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If you open the battery cover, slip the battery out, there's a black (if there's no water damage) sticker on the left hand side with the word VOID in white letters on it. If that's not black and white, the phone has been water damaged. There's another sticker on the inside (I believe), but you can't see it without taking the phone apart. It's been said that having your phone in a really humid room is enough to change the colour of the sticker so even if you've not actually got the phone wet.

What's your software version? Are you branded or unbranded? You can check by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Info

With any SIM in, can you select the network manually? Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators.