1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Network may be monitored by an unknown third party

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by MoOoG, Dec 22, 2014.

1. MoOoG

MoOoG Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Hi,
    I'm using my Samsung galaxy S4 mini and today I was normally using my phone, while it started to randomly call somewhere - All the applications were closed and it was ringing (there is no number under last calls). Could also be skype which i have installed. So I turned off my phone, put out my SIM and restarted it. Now in top bar I have a notification that "Network may be monitored by an unknown third party".
    • If I hold long on the notification I get "App info" and if i open that it open App info for Android System version 4.4.2-I9195xxucnk1.
    • If I only click on the notification it opens fragment "Check credentials" where I can actually check system and user credentials.
    I know I could do a factory reset of the phone but I wonder why this happened? Also I want to know if it is possible to find a solution without making a hard reset..? Please help

Advertisement

2. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    If you are using certificates you are likely to see this message

3. MoOoG

MoOoG Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    So you mean, it's normal that my phone starts to dial somewhere in the background? funny

4. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    No, I didn't state that was normal, I stated why you are likely to see the message "Network may be monitored by an unknown third party". "Checking credentials" also suggests you use certificates. I have no idea about the random call/s, sorry.