• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Network reminder

mhynek

Nov 23, 2009
After updating basebands and flashing several ROMs I had noticed degradation in both reception and battery life. Since I was OC'd I chalked up my poorer battery life as a side effect to my love for speed. The new basebands were probably necessary for Froyo compatibility, but since my knowledge is limited in that area, I can't be sure. Either way, my reception suffered. During one of the times my signal dropped, I decided to look into my network settings and noticed under Mobile Network Settings/System select, that my phone was set to Automatic instead of Home only. After selecting Home only, my reception improved as well as my battery life. The better battery life I attribute to the phone not looking for a signal as often and am so much happier now that I've found this. Just thought I post my experience and see if anyone else has had similar results.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones