1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Network time issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StevenSeed, May 27, 2011.

1. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Android Enthusiast

I'm having a rather odd issue with the time on my phone. I have had it to auto network time after about a year, and all of a sudden since last night it keeps gaining 10 minutes.

I've tried a reboot last night, but the issue persists this morning where I have just checked my phone as it's fained 10 minutes again. This of course messes up the threads on my SMS app.

Anyone had this issue before? I'm on T-Mobile, unrooted, Android version 2.2, No task killers installed.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Usta

Usta Android Expert

3. Andy_UK_67

Andy_UK_67 Lurker

I've had exactly the same problem today, so I have had to turn off the Automatic setting and re-set the time manually, which is far from ideal. I'm assuming that it is a network provider problem - I am with O2.

Usta - thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think the solution should be to have to download an app to sort out a function that should be part of the normal system to the phone.

4. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Android Enthusiast

5. Usta

Usta Android Expert

I agree.
    However, since this seems to be a sudden HTC temporary matter, the solution is also to have a temp fix until HTC or the carriers solve this problem for good.

6. ukzen

ukzen Android Enthusiast

Same issue ,I'm on t mob, thought it was just my phone

7. Usta

Usta Android Expert

8. 400ixl

400ixl Member

Not seen it on my UK HTC Desire on T-Mobile. However I am running a custom non Sense based ROM.

9. flashsam

flashsam Member

I had the same problem.

I unticked the automatic box and manually set the time to something else (but not the correct time), then i ticked the automatic box again and straight away the phone amended the time to the correct time.

Since then its been fine.

EDIT - on Orange in the UK

10. ewangto

ewangto Lurker

Just to add to the thread, same with me, I'm on Vodafone, stock froyo. It now seems to have fixed itself.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews