1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Network type locked to gsm only

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crustacean, May 1, 2011.

1. Crustacean

Crustacean Newbie
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    My phone seems to be stuck on 2G only, as if the other radio was turned off.
    It started after i had set my preferred network type to wcdma & gsm auto from the testing menu. Now network type is set to gsm only, and i cant change it to auto in either the testing menu or android settings. Anyone else have this problem? something im doing wrong?
    im somewhat of a new android user, only had a few weeks to learn my way around.
    on a positive note, battery life has been great since...

Advertisement

2. wmm

wmm Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Are you using Wi-Fi Calling? If so, that would explain it; whenever you have a strong connection to a wifi hotspot, Wi-Fi Calling sets your wireless to GSM to save battery. It restores it to your preference when your connection gets weak or you lose it altogether.

If that's not your situation, I have no idea what might be causing it.

Crustacean and DLeeHarley like this.
  3. Crustacean

Crustacean Newbie
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    it took me a while to get back to you, but that is exactly what i was experiencing. Thanks for the help!

4. izhark5

izhark5 Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2014
    Hi frnds.. i had accidently set preferred network type to unknown by going in secret setting by using the code *#*#4636#*#* in my Micromax A54 and now my real imei number is changed into 00000000. My mobile is not recognizing any sim and on notification bar it says ''searching for service''. I am not able to reset previous setting i.e. unknown to gsm auto(prl) or gsm only or wcdma only. Please help me how can i resolve my problem.
    Your help will be appreciated. thnx in advance..

Tags: