• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Network vision & LTE rollout

Um yeah. I live just two blocks out side of where the Clear map shows we have 4g where i live. if I go out on my balcony and just turn the 4g on and leave 3g antenna on too it will not ever connect to 4g. If I then turn off the 3g antenna my phone will connect with no "bars" to 4g and it will test a speeds of around 1mb. Even in areas where it shows we have good signal I have to shut off the 3g to get it to connect.

Upvote 0
that is great.. but when will it start to go live? which cities?
I want data to be better than it is now... not saying it has to be LTE speeds.. but more usable 3G and 4G...

yes.. I am in a major sprint 4G area.
this is what im trying to figure out myself. im pretty sure they have already started since its supposed to be completed by 2013

Upvote 0
I was consistently getting these kind of 3G speeds last night. Not very late, but not quite peak hours either. This is 3x as fast as anything I EVER got on Verizon. Sprint 3G has always been faster than Verizon's for me, but not this fast.

20110908223853.jpg

Upvote 0
I have had speeds similar to that in Town N' Country. Which part of Tampa did you get those speeds? The 4G should have been very sappy as well (5mbps? or more)

I am primarily in Brandon/Riverview area. 4G is about the same 3-4 Mbps. In Tampa I can get 5+ in some areas. Hopefully we'll start to see some improvement on the 4G side as well.

Upvote 0
I am glad Sprint has a plan to fix the coverage on their network. By the time the 800 Mhz band improvements reaches my area, I would have already upgrading to a phone that supports it. Are they going to post which areas they are working on or will we have to check to the coverage map to see if it has updated?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones