1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Never ending loop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DieselDood, Mar 8, 2011.

1. DieselDood

DieselDood Newbie
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Assistant Manager of a Sears Auto Center. Shop gr
    Robbinsdale MN
    I finally got everything all set and going sweet. I was all excited, but thought I could go back and reset all my old stuff through the inital blue/black screen, but keep the new Bugless Beast I installed.

Wrong. I noticed right away on the restart that I was back to the old OS.

Ok, no biggie. I'll just re-do it. Still back in the origional OS, I deleted the bugless beast off the SD card, reinstalled it like I did before, changed the name, etc.... now its stuck in an endless start-up boot of the Droid screen and the Red "eye."

I know I can go back to the origional OS and it will boot up fine, but how do I get the Beast back?

Advertisement

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    did you do a backup in nandroid? If so do a restore. If not take your SD card out and load another rom on the card. then reboot in to recovery and do a cache wipe and then install the rom.

DieselDood likes this.
  3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Worldwide Logistics by day,Website design by night
    Olympus, Back on the throne!!!
    I am assuming that you have made nandroid backups of your phone before you have done anything.

With my assumption, you should be able to restore your backup of BB and have it run just fine. If that doesn't work, or you didn't make a backup of it, I suggest restoring your stock system. Then wipe cache and factory restore and, if you're using ClockworkMod Recovery, go into advanced and wipe dalvik cache, system, etc. Then, install BB.

Always make backups of your system before making any system file changes (themes, kernels, metamorph, fonts, etc) and always wipe everything before flashing a new rom or flashing a new full step version of a rom. Example, wipe before going from Ultimate Droid 2.x.x to UD 3.x.x or CyanogenMod 6.x.x to 7.x.x. You normally, and I say normally because it sometimes just depends on the device, don't need to wipe when flashing a small step rom. Example, no wipe is usually needed when going from UD 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 or CM 6.0.0 to 6.1.0, etc. Most dev's are really good about stating if a wipe is needed before flashing a new version of their rom.

If none of these work, I suggest trying a different rom and seeing if you still ahve these issues. You might also want to look into trying different kernels afteer flashing a rom, but before restarting your phone. Some droids are very picky about kernels and what works for one person may not work for another.

Kratos

DieselDood likes this.
  4. DieselDood

DieselDood Newbie
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Assistant Manager of a Sears Auto Center. Shop gr
    Robbinsdale MN
    Thanks!

That's what I ended up doing.
    I wiped it clean again, and reinstalled the stock OS. Then I wiped it again and installed the Bugless Best and it seems to be fine.

I think it was because I didn't wipe it clean again after I screwed it up.

You guys are lifesavers! Thanks!