1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Never had any probs with my cap.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jwilkin66, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Jwilkin66

Jwilkin66 Newbie
    None

Oct 7, 2010
    After seeing alot of threads about the captivate having problems. I thought i'd post about my experience with mine. I bought it when it first came out. Mine has never turned off I don't have any lag. I have about 20 widgets running including widgetlocker and ADWlauncher Ex! I am a moderate user and get about 3 days on my battery and my spare battery. I'm not rooted and my gps works well but sometimes its a little off. I work in a battery store and we sell alot of cell phone batteries. When some one see's my captivate they are all ways impressed! I think some people just got bad phones which happens with electronics. I would'nt trade my cap for another phone it has been wonderful and i'm very happy with it. It's a shame there are some problems with some phones and samsung needs to update faster and have better costumer service.

Advertisement

Android26, Frisco and snapper.fishes like this.
  2. msueagles2010

msueagles2010 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Xenia, OH
    Congrats on the good luck. You should take up roulette :)

3. ~Reaper~

~Reaper~ Well-Known Member
    None

i can honestly say i have had the same experience

i will buy another samsung phone and i am going too when the new galaxy s 2 comes out

4. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    NorCal
    I really do love this phone once its updated. Its more responsive than my iPhone was. The screen is beautiful. I just have a hard time believing a Mega Company like Samsung can take this long to release a firmware update. They sold millions of Galaxy S devices in North America alone. What in the world is their firmware development dept. doing? Seems they are just working on the next phones due to come out instead of the ones already in use.

Hope the Devs around here stick with this phone for a while so I don't have to revert to stock down the line. Plan on keeping this one at least a year+ before my next change over. Just not sure what Android manufacturer it will be yet.

5. SuFuCru

SuFuCru Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    So far so good on mine. I said I would never buy another Samsung product again after going through two Eternities, the first one suffering from force shutdown/restarts. The second one's calibration when to shit so bad that I couldn't even use it. After missing a call, I killed it with a few attitude adjustment lovetaps with a screwdriver. However, I saw this phone, watched online comparisons, etc., and knew it's what I wanted. The iPhone is just too plain for my liking ad I love making something my own, and Android certainly makes that possible.

The phone is not perfect, but it seems to be doing alright. It's a little bit laggy at times, and it's not the fastest (highest quadrant score was 875), but the GPS seems to be decent. I was locked in within 5m today with it as I tried out the Car Locator app. I'm sure once the official Froyo update drops it'll be even better. I'm too much of a klutz to flash a custom ROM, however I am rooted.

6. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    New York
    This phone would have never endured the abuse it has if Samsung would have released froyo. I love my captivate every shred of the phone is completely customized to me from the market to the icons, super fast (running a rom of course) and I have no intention of jumping on one of these new phones at this point, and judging by the threads the Atrix and the Inspire are already showing that they are not perfect either. Everyone can say what they want about the phone but I was in AT&T last night messing with the inspire that phone is no faster than my captivate running firefly.:eek:

7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

I know the OP is speaking about the Captivate, but it reminds me of when myself and one of the Mods here, OTD, used to take a lot of guff in the Eris forums way back when, for the same reason; our devices were fine right from the beginning, right out of the box.

The issues being posted, ranted about and used as reasons to vent were never seen on our phones (and not on my new Fascintate, either). That does not mean those issues were not present for other users, it just meant to me that more people come to forums with problems than not with problems; out of 100 users, how many join up to say, "this phone is great." Most join up to say, "how do I get (fill in the blank) to work on this thing?"

There's no real data, that I know of, on the subject, but my guess is that the vast majority of Eris, Captivate, Fascinate and You-name-it devices are good working devices with few issues.

8. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    NW FL
    ^^^I agree..but I also believe that a lot of folks on these forums are not rooting and flashing to really cure any major issue..just to make a good device better. Anyway, for anyone who is even a little "geeky", an upgrade or tweak is like cheese in a mousetrap

9. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    This is a great thread topic JWilkin66, I agree with you wholly. Anyone can pick and complain at the little tiny things that could be a tiny bit better but you can do that with anything in life. And in regards to cell phones, you're right, I wouldn't trade this Cap for any other device on the market. Not even the Epic.

And Frisco is also right, its good to have a little positivity on this forum!

10. Pepe7698

Pepe7698 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 10, 2010
    Automotive Sales
    Houston
    As with any product, it is sad that no one ever hears about the vast majority of completely satisfied customers. I love my Captivate. I have never had any issue - GPS, random shutdowns, anything. This is one of the best phones I have owned, not perfect; but pretty close.

11. angryphoton

angryphoton Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    I like the phone, especially the screen. IMHO this is the best screen out there for the Android so far and I have compared them side by side at an AT&T store. No shutdowns for me.

No phone is perfect, my GPS is a bit slow to lock and it would be nice to be able to have Adobe Flash on the phone (although there is some hope), but overall its a good phone. Did I mention that the screen quality kicks a**?

12. slugshot_90

slugshot_90 Newbie
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Lowes
    Loxahatchee, FL
    yea same here i have never had one problem with my phone, every app i click opens right away with no lag, ive never had problems with it

13. btswein

btswein Guest
    None
    I am really doubting you got three days of battery life. Other than that, I believe you. My 1st Cappy was quick and responsive, Wi-Fi didn't work, my replacement is laggy as shit, but the GPS works flawlessly.

14. Jwilkin66

Jwilkin66 Newbie
    None

Oct 7, 2010
    I do get 3 days on my battery! Once i got 4 days with little use. I use my phone moderatly if I surf the web or play games its about 2 days. I would post screens of my battery life but i'm not rooted. The phone has been great and I would buy anther Samsung phone. But Samsung needs to update as long as I don't loose all my settings and data. I would like to root and try a rom but I don't wanna go thru the hassle of loosing all my settings. I have the phone just like I want it.