• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Never Rooted B4 but want to for hot spot

I have never rooted before ever and want to because I want the hot spot. I have looked over several threads including the sticky for this forum.

When you go to directions it says they are outdated and to click someplace else. Which I do. The first step is download samsung drivers for either 32 or 64 bit. (am assuming that is op system for computer using-mine 64 bit). When I do that it takes me to RootzWiki. I don't see the samsung drivers--do I have to register to see this?

Just a couple simple questions . . do I need to know what op system on my phone and if so how do I figure that out? I think it is Froyo but don't know where to look to find out for sure. Thought About in the settings but not there.

I am not horrible with the android system-just enough to be dangerous. Thanks so much to your kind help of a newbie of rooting!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones