1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nevermind..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Elusiveone, May 19, 2011.

1. Elusiveone

Elusiveone Newbie

Today I noticed that my battery drained really fast, way faster then normal.

Now I have read that Cm7 requires more CPu to run the graphics/visuals of the OS but out of curiosity I checked the Battery Use under App Settings and noticed that "Media" is on the op of the list running @ 43%.

When i click media to see what is running I see this.

Included packages:
    DRM Protected Content Storage
    Camera :thinking:
    Media Storage :thinking:
    Download manager :thinking:
    Downloads :thinking:

What is all this and how is it using so much battery? OR am I just being noobie and have no reason to be asking this?

I also noticed when i do download something (Downloaded Lookout and a Maps Update) and both apps showed in the Notification bar 2 times each. Showing as if I was downloading 4 apps while only downloading 2. Also noticed while this was happening the DL was moving SUPER SLOW. I mean it took almost 3 hours to update Maps and DL Lookout.

What gives? CM7 bug? (havent seen it on the forums yet if it is)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I've had the multiple download of the same app problem myself.Best remedy for that is a strong WI-FI or strong,unthrottled 3G connection for faster downloads.Also,while downloading,don't bog the phone down by going on to other functions while downloading,especially if they require a data connection as well.

For the battery drain,I'm surprised you have that problem.My battery life has DOUBLED since installing CM7, & I've got SYNC running all the time & running a LOT of GOOGLE APPS that use SYNC.Check to see if you have GPS or WI-FI running & trying to connect when a hotspot isn't available.Install WI-FI STATUS to ensure you're not draining your battery by having WI-FI on needlessly.

3. Elusiveone

Elusiveone Newbie

No programs running, No Sync on, No Wifi on (Only when I m at home) Charged my phone all night, Turned if off once it was full, turned it on this morning, battery was @ 100% got on the pandroid app and within 5 minutes my battery was @ 88%. the battery is brand new (4th battery I have gotten from cricket in the last 2 weeks) so I know the battery is good. There is no way I have gotten 4 junk batteries I wouldn't believe.

Maybe this phone is just crap...

4. MoneyHoarder87

MoneyHoarder87 Android Enthusiast

Have you tried clearing your battery stats? It helped my battery life considerably.

5. Elusiveone

Elusiveone Newbie

Yea I clear it right after doing a reflash cause I figured it was a bad flash. Let the battery die and recharge with the phone off. Its still draining pretty fast.