• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New 2.1 confirm on the 26th? Audio file of Sprint rep confirming...

Folks can judge for themselves, but sounds legit when listening to the audio file of a Sprint rep confirming March 26th as the date for 2.1.

The April 9th date sounds more like the MMS issue that needs to be patched, but will not hinder 2.1 update.

Perhaps I am blinded by my lust (and impatience / excitement) for 2.1 that I will believe anything that states the 26th is the day *twitch*

http://techie-buzz.com/mobile-news/sprint-htc-hero-moment-android-21-update.html

12:00 no update :(

seriously? What makes you think it would come out at midnight?

The update will be out, when it's out. No sooner. I also wouldn't be surprised if it only goes to a certain percentage of people at a time, like 10% at a time or something like that, which would mean some of us will be sitting here hitting update wondering why we don't have it when someone else on the forum does. Not that it really matters to me, because by the time it does come to my phone, I'll probably be running a 2.1 ROM based on that update from Damageless or Flipz, and it'll be freakin SWEET (not that the 2.1 ROM's aren't freakin sweet already lol)

Upvote 0
I haven't had much time to keep up to date with the HTC Hero stuff, so I was wondering if someone could tell me why all the hype for the 2.1 update? Anyone have any link's to anything that can tell me what's supposed to happen in this update? Or maybe just post some info of the rumors if you don't mind. Thank you, Whiteice

Because 2.1 should really help out with the normal operation of the Hero. It should speed things up, should fix a few bugs, should add some features. 2.1 should make the Hero into the product it's supposed to be, and really make it shine. (notice all the "should's" lol).

Reactions: Whiteicedmstech
Upvote 0
Because 2.1 should really help out with the normal operation of the Hero. It should speed things up, should fix a few bugs, should add some features. 2.1 should make the Hero into the product it's supposed to be, and really make it shine. (notice all the "should's" lol).

Appreciate the response. Now, will this be one of those updates that we just use via our phone to "Check for update" and when it is available, it will just be done via this method, or will I have to download it to my PC and load it on the phone that way? Thank you, Whiteice

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones