• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New 2 the root

alright dudes, so im new to this, like a baby being welcomed into a new world... but, i have the lg esteem, i just rooted it, and added the GingerEsteem Extreme II, v.1.0
i have rom Toolbox(paid version) said what the heck, why not.. i hate dealing with ads, so i got it for the 4.99.now, i kinda understand how to work the cpu, i have it set to *Max: 1900Mhz* (mine reboots itself @ max so i dont do it) *Min:368Mhz, my Governor is ondemand, i try to set it to lagfree* and apply on boot, but changes itself back to ondemand, when rebooted,

so far these settings seem to be working out ok, now i understand some gpu intensive games can be slowing my phone, i do try to play gta3 and shadowgun, sometimes work well and sometimes they shut themselves down, leaving me @ home page,

what are some good settings you guys have, sometimes i have lagging issues, i also wanted to know, what are kernels and how can i *tweak* them to give off the best performance for this phone?? im on zvd, by the way..

i do support any and all efforts, and i subscribed to this forum :D yay

oh, i had lg connect, But traded to the lg esteem, i was just having so many problems with the phone, it was over heating extremely fast, i did purchase warranty and switched the phone for the 10$fee, but phone still over heated i didnt want to deal with it, so i traded phone for lg esteem<3.

Well, if you paid for ROM Toolbox for the Ad Removal then I can probably let you know now that there is an app called AdFree on the market that is free and actually removes a bit more ads than ROM Toolbox(At Least For Me) because the host file is bigger on AdFree's server than that of ROM Toolbox's Host server. Also, welcome to the LG Esteem sub-forum. If you have ANYTHING then you can let us know(Fuzzy, PNut, Biggie, and myself are ALWAYS helping out somewhere).

Upvote 0
alright dudes, so im new to this, like a baby being welcomed into a new world... But, i have the lg esteem, i just rooted it, and added the gingeresteem extreme ii, v.1.0
i have rom toolbox(paid version) said what the heck, why not.. I hate dealing with ads, so i got it for the 4.99.now, i kinda understand how to work the cpu, i have it set to *max: 1900mhz* (mine reboots itself @ max so i dont do it) *min:368mhz, my governor is ondemand, i try to set it to lagfree* and apply on boot, but changes itself back to ondemand, when rebooted,

so far these settings seem to be working out ok, now i understand some gpu intensive games can be slowing my phone, i do try to play gta3 and shadowgun, sometimes work well and sometimes they shut themselves down, leaving me @ home page,

what are some good settings you guys have, sometimes i have lagging issues, i also wanted to know, what are kernels and how can i *tweak* them to give off the best performance for this phone?? Im on zvd, by the way..

I do support any and all efforts, and i subscribed to this forum :d yay

oh, i had lg connect, but traded to the lg esteem, i was just having so many problems with the phone, it was over heating extremely fast, i did purchase warranty and switched the phone for the 10$fee, but phone still over heated i didnt want to deal with it, so i traded phone for lg esteem<3.

welcome to af were no one is left behind ;)

Reactions: Mexiicanboii
Upvote 0
alright dudes, so im new to this, like a baby being welcomed into a new world... but, i have the lg esteem, i just rooted it, and added the GingerEsteem Extreme II, v.1.0
i have rom Toolbox(paid version) said what the heck, why not.. i hate dealing with ads, so i got it for the 4.99.now, i kinda understand how to work the cpu, i have it set to *Max: 1900Mhz* (mine reboots itself @ max so i dont do it) *Min:368Mhz, my Governor is ondemand, i try to set it to lagfree* and apply on boot, but changes itself back to ondemand, when rebooted,

what are some good settings you guys have, sometimes i have lagging issues, i also wanted to know, what are kernels and how can i *tweak* them to give off the best performance for this phone?? im on zvd, by the way..

i do support any and all efforts, and i subscribed to this forum :D yay

oh, i had lg connect, But traded to the lg esteem, i was just having so many problems with the phone, it was over heating extremely fast, i did purchase warranty and switched the phone for the 10$fee, but phone still over heated i didnt want to deal with it, so i traded phone for lg esteem<3.

welcome to the light my son, I have mine set to 1612mhz and it seems to work well, every phone is unique onto its self. You just have to tool around with it till you find what your phone likes. Some apps are just buggy that way. there are a number of reasons why an app closes or forced closes or even just freezes. Usually has to do with the app not the phone.

Upvote 0
Get a device in compatible error... :thinking:

Download this if not on your phone yethttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox&hl=en

Open it and go to "build.prop Tweaks" and set your "LCD Density" to 240
and reboot
mail

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones