1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Address / change autofill

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dw3555, Apr 7, 2020.

1. dw3555

dw3555 Lurker

I just recently moved ... how do I either change, or delete my address information that automatically pops up when I go to fill that information in on a website or something? Galaxy S9+

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142893?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

edit: just realized that was for the pc.....on android:
    1.open chrome browser
    2.select the three dots
    3.select settings
    4.select addresses and more

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

If this pertains to when you're using an app that references to your Contacts, like with an email app or text messaging app, what is the address and info showing in your Contacts app when you look up yourself? Have you edited your Contact info so it's now current?

If you're referring to this text auto-fill issue happening when you're using a web browser app, that's probably not a Contacts issue but tied to the user dictionary file your chosen web browser is using -- that could be browser-specific or more likely tied to the keyboard app you're using. Which web browser app are you using? It could be a matter digging into the settings menu of your browser app or your keyboard app to delete the user dictionary file.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ahhh yes. i guess i was assuming the op was using the chrome browser. each browser should have some sort of setting where if it has autofill you can change or delete it.

5. dw3555

dw3555 Lurker

6. dw3555

dw3555 Lurker

Just went into Chrome and made changes. Hopefully it works.

Thanks!!!

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ocnbrze

cool....keep us posted.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.2" screen, 12MP camera, 6GB storage, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews