1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Admire User with Q's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TBotNik, Dec 29, 2011.

1. TBotNik

TBotNik Newbie

All,

Just bought my phone on Wed, so now 2nd day in and have some Qs:

1. Droid is suppose to have SSH client, but none of the manuals and online help, especially both Metro and Samsung say any thing about it. Where do I find help on this?
    2. My home WiFi router is not on Channel 11 (default) nor on Key1 (default). Again I find nothing on how to acatually set this up correctly so phone not logging into the WiFi router; so where do I find resources on this?
    3. I found this "One click ROOT" app, here on this forum.
    Sorry was going to post it's link, but admin rules won't let me.
    but there is no documentation on what this does, and I'm not just going to install things until I know what they do.

Was wondering if this app will let me get to the things I need at the OS level, so fix my other 2 Qs?
    All help appreciated!

Thanks!

TBNK

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TBotNik

TBotNik Newbie

All,

Forgot 1 thing. I sent a Q to Samsung support, as they were not showing any driver downloads for Linux and since that is all I run, since I' a "real" computer user, I needed the software in Linux version.

They replied that they do not have a Linux version, but the "One Touch ROOT" entry here on this site, refers to a MAC/Linux. I'm sure the customer service rep answering me does not know that MAC is Linux, being built on BSD kernel, so has no clue what Samsung actually supports.

Anyway is there Driver for the Linux side? I strictly run Ubuntu Linux at home but run many others at work.

Cheers!

TBNK

3. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

To root your phone, you do not need Windows. But for phone tinkering, many people use a program called QPST (or QSTP) that is a windows program, and does not have a linux equivalent.

The one click, is a script, that will root your phone, and push the SU program onto the phone. There is a linux version. It works great, but read instructions carefully, ...

4. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

What.???? / The wifi part of the phone works on any channel. My router switches to a clearer channel, but is normally on channel 3.

I recommend you delete the metro easy wifi app, and get one from android market, such as "wifi manager"

5. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

Search ssh client in market and the first hit has more than a million dl

6. TBotNik

TBotNik Newbie

I can not find a way to delete the "Metro Easy WiFi" app. TBotNik

7. adpwolfpack

adpwolfpack Lurker

Got 2 Samsung Admires this past weekend...the red ones which I've found are the 'CDMA Generic' versions not to be confused with 'MetroPCS'. That wasn't discussed with me when I got the phones or what the differences of the two were, but that doesn't matter now. Question is....one of my phones is showing 3G and is super quick connecting to youtube and such, while the second phone is showing only 1x and is extremely slow. Why is there a difference??? And how do I fix the second phone so it will have the same great speed as the first one does? I'm a bit frustrated by my ignorance...

8. ATRAIN904

ATRAIN904 Member

You would have to install "one click root" with superuser.apk installed. Directions>http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/412730-root-one-click-root-samsung-admire-sch-r720-windows-mac-linux-9-12-2011-a.html

Then with Titanium backup installed you can remove all the metro crap that your phone came with which will free your internal memory up to almost 100MB then install items for "root users only" such as Link2SD, Root explorer, & Cachemate for root users.

After you have completed these steps come back and let us know if you have any issues.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews