• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New ADW Launcher backs up screens. Rom switching faster!

Changing the number of rows will screw up any skin with a flip clock as well. The flip clock skins depend on 1 or 2 default-sized rows.

I guess I could edit my skin to work. It would work, just not sure I care to...

Yeah, I used to use the airport one for quite a while. I just changed, just to do it I suppose. Anyway. It seems the numbers stretch, but the background image does not. That is the main reason I went with the "naked" skin.

Upvote 0
Just a note....ANY home app can have its screen restored.

If you use Titanium backup and chose to backup the launcher app, when you install a new rom and restore the launcher app from it, it also restores the apps data too so your launcher shortcuts are restored as well. The widgets have to be readded but thats much less tedious.

just a fyi.

have done this with launcher pro, adw and helix. Works great.

Upvote 0
Just a note....ANY home app can have its screen restored.

If you use Titanium backup and chose to backup the launcher app, when you install a new rom and restore the launcher app from it, it also restores the apps data too so your launcher shortcuts are restored as well. The widgets have to be readded but thats much less tedious.

just a fyi.

have done this with launcher pro, adw and helix. Works great.

Yep. I pointed that out in another thread. I'm going to try the backup/restore function built into this just to see if it restores widgets too. I use two weather widgets on my home screen (same app) to see weather for two different places... sometimes I have to add the second one 5-6 times before it gives me the option of choosing a new location rather than using the location set by the first one. That gets annoying, so this might be a way around having to do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones