• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Andriod User, a few Questions

gamer83

Apr 10, 2010
I just moved from WinMo 6.X to Android, it is a breath of fresh air.

I got a Moment via an insurance plan, and I just want it to get me by until the EVO comes out.

I want to know what steps I need to take to ensure any apps I buy on the Moment, I can then transfer to the EVO when it comes out. Also is there a service like Microsoft's MyPhone for Android? It used to back EVERYTHING up for free automatically to the cloud. Thanks!

I just moved from WinMo 6.X to Android, it is a breath of fresh air.

I got a Moment via an insurance pan, and I just want it to get me to the EVO comes out.

I want to know what setps I need to take to ensure any apps I buy on the Moment, i canthen transfer to the EVO when it comes out. Also is there a service like Microsoft's MyPhone for Android? It used to back EVERYTHING up for free automatically to the cloud. Thanks!

Your apps won't necessarily "transfer." All your paid apps will be to be re installed via the market. You won't need to pay for them again.

As far as backing up your info on your phone, there are apps that will backup everything from your call log to your sms messages. Most backup have a price, but it is a one time price. You can usually backup as much stuff you want. Its way worth it in the long run.

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk

Reactions: gamer83
Upvote 0
all your u'r app logs are safe with your google a/c.
So the moment u change your phone all your apps gets installed on your new phone,
Provided u use the the same google a/c.

As for backups there are many paid and free apps for backup.
I never used 'myphone' so i cant tell what u'll miss.
Additionally U can also use inbuilt backup system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones