• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Andriod user

Frankie35

May 9, 2011
I know you will me to just search the forum , dont have that much time. So i am hoping that someone out there can help me out really quick.

first , when I download music to my phone from a music website , where does it go? ( example ) i downloaded a mixtape and when I went into "My Files" i seen it in there. Butttttt , i downloaded another mixtape and when i went into "my file" i only seen some of the songs from the 1st mixtape and only some of the songs from my 2nd mixtape. Is it a way i can save the music to a certain spot so i can go in and view them? Or does it automatically throw it in a certain spot?

second i know how to create a folder , I wanted to drag and drop music in that folder. But i dont see anywhere that i can do that?

I might be missing somethings or just over looking. So if someone can help me out that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

when I download music to my phone from a music website , where does it go?

Normally anything downloaded from the browser goes to sdcard/download

Is it a way i can save the music to a certain spot so i can go in and view them? Or does it automatically throw it in a certain spot?

Again, anything from the browser gets saved to that location. You can certainly use a file manager like Astro to move the files where ever you want after they are downloaded.

I wanted to drag and drop music in that folder. But i dont see anywhere that i can do that?

Are you talking about conencting the phone to a pc? or doing this all on the phone? If on the phone, what file manager app are you using? If you are using Astro, just long press a file, hit edit-move, navigate to where you want it, then hit paste.

Reactions: Frankie35
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones