1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Andriod user

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Frankie35, May 27, 2011.

1. Frankie35

Frankie35 Newbie

I know you will me to just search the forum , dont have that much time. So i am hoping that someone out there can help me out really quick.

first , when I download music to my phone from a music website , where does it go? ( example ) i downloaded a mixtape and when I went into "My Files" i seen it in there. Butttttt , i downloaded another mixtape and when i went into "my file" i only seen some of the songs from the 1st mixtape and only some of the songs from my 2nd mixtape. Is it a way i can save the music to a certain spot so i can go in and view them? Or does it automatically throw it in a certain spot?

second i know how to create a folder , I wanted to drag and drop music in that folder. But i dont see anywhere that i can do that?

I might be missing somethings or just over looking. So if someone can help me out that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Normally anything downloaded from the browser goes to sdcard/download

Again, anything from the browser gets saved to that location. You can certainly use a file manager like Astro to move the files where ever you want after they are downloaded.

Are you talking about conencting the phone to a pc? or doing this all on the phone? If on the phone, what file manager app are you using? If you are using Astro, just long press a file, hit edit-move, navigate to where you want it, then hit paste.

Frankie35 likes this.
  3. Frankie35

Frankie35 Newbie

OK thanks for your help guys

And i am using Androzip to extract the files. I will try Astro and see how that works.

4. Steven58

Frankie,

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :)