• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android Eken MID questions

molitar

Jul 12, 2011
Ok first question.. How in the hell do I access the installed apps? I can't find an all apps button or menu anywhere on this thing.

Now onto ROM firmware question:

Ok after I got tired of trying to figure out what model it was and looking at a black screen after many firmware updates I took the unit apart.

WM8505+
Samsung 043
K9GAG08U0D
PCB0

WMS8105C
HZNB_01 20101016

So now that I knew it was an 8505+ I was able to download firmware but forgot which one now because I accidentally deleted the archived file.. the text though in the ROM was 88_v1.9_8088.3k_en_20100906 which now brought me to v1.9 firmware which works. But Youtube still does not function with this firmware as Flash is not compatible so I'm wanting to up it to a higher OS with a working Youtube. After the firmware update the unit was no longer marked generic but as an Eken 256MB. So which ROM should I use? Thanks for any assist you can give.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones