• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New android for a friend...who is a fool

ogami_ito

Jul 19, 2010
My best friend wants to trade his newish jailbroken iPhone for 4000RMB (I think that's about $550). And he told me he wants to get a HTC Desire HD2 (I think). Now...my friend is very status conscious and not technical, so i thought it best he stick with the iPhone. Also he has an iPad which he can use anywhere and I *think* you can use the same apps with it. But he keeps seeing my Samsung Galaxy S and thinking my phone is better (its not!) I was going to try to get him to sell his phone to me, but I like my SGS more than the iPhone FOR THAT PRICE.

Anyway, he asked me to recommend a different Android if the Desire HD is not good enough. This is hard. I read the review on GSM Arena which said the Desire HD didn't have great sunlight visability (compared with iPhone and others). That's a big issue for me. Also, his existing iPhone probably gets better battery performance than most Android phones. And finally, I really don't know what's the top end phone that is out on the market...now.

So... anyone know of any top-end Android phone which would feel good to a non-technical guy coming from iPhone4 (money is not a limit here)?

Thanks.

Desire HD is probably his best bet. Battery life won't be as good as the IP4, but seriously, if you're running 20 different tasks on a 4.3 inch screen with a 1ghz processor, can you really expect it to be? HTC's Sense is the best UI overlay on Android by lightyears, and the DHD's version is amazing. Its simple to use and the phone is a beast. Honestly though, tell your friend to stick with the IP4, he'll regret it otherwise from what you've said about him.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones