1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Android Market APK

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jay_kay, Jul 13, 2011.

1. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Android Enthusiast

Forget that. Remembered I had Super Manager installed so removed the market updater and now have the black market working and looking fine. Thanks again.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. womb raider

womb raider Android Enthusiast

What's all this about a blacked-out Market? Is this something for rooted phones only?

3. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert

No worries mate! Glad its working for you ;)

4. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert

Lets do a Haka dance on Dean he's being disrespectful to the the traditions of the all blacks. That oughta spook him abit! :D

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I installed it this morning, spent a few minutes looking at it, decided it was less glaring than the normal white but while the "My Apps" list was clean the rest felt cluttered to me. Uninstalled it fairly quickly.

6. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert

how would it spook me? besides the 'goth' comment I made is also satirical jibe at myself too being that I typically 'look' goth ;):D but in hindsight given that there isn't a picture of me on here I would say it rather failed slightly...so...on that note.....

*legs it from the bad joke*

7. deanshep85

OH!

does anyone have the *CURRENT* market apk? its just if I (or my fiance) decide to go back to the old market and they then hit us with the official update in a few weeks and we cant roll back or anything..

8. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert

9. thebillington

thebillington Well-Known Member

Love it. Reminds me of the store on Xbox :)

10. jay_kay

jay_kay Android Enthusiast

:) posted this and then my day went mental so this was the first chance I've had to look. Was good to see such a varied response.

I've had it installed all day and although I do like it visually I have found it quite slow compared to my normal, but also blacked out market. Have now gone back to the old faithful market.

Good to see this wonderful phone still dividing people and making them happy with its diversity :)

11. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

here you go pal.

deanshep85 and thebillington like this.
  12. thebillington

thebillington Well-Known Member

Top, thanks :D

13. deanshep85

yea I'll agree its slower as well...

im hoping that as its not *technically* released officially yet..that maybe it might have a speed increase....maybe lol

I will say though, has anyone had any odd issues like language problems?

for example I clicked on "Drag Racing" and on the old market and the web market its all in english BUT on the new market its half in german in the description..

same with a Go launcher EX theme as well, was in chinese or something, although I'm not 100% it was in english before hand on the other markets...but the drag racing one was/still is...

its weird..

14. Ihi

Ihi Lurker

That language problem is present here too. However my main problem is not the language thing, it's the slowness and that it's kinda crowded...

I guess I'm going back to the older version too.

15. deanshep85

well oddly the language thing settled down...I checked Drag Racing again and its all in english again...so dunno why there was an issue...weird..

thanks ducky, never saw your post the first time weirdly...but yea cheers :D

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews