1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Android Market. Love it or hate it??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by chowmailap, Jul 22, 2011.

1. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

Once it installs the update, you should be able to go into settings --> applications --> all --> market --> uninstall updates.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Try uninstalling updates and installing the leak then clearing data. I did not get a push (I am not running stock either)

I this issues the first time I was using the new market but after a clear data it worked, if you get the push to update the market it may be different for some reason.

3. Mitchturbo

Mitchturbo Well-Known Member

I LOVE the new market on my HTC desire HD :)

But on my friends galaxy tab it looks awerful and its missing the stuff on the right hand side...
    I guess it isn't optimized for 7" tablets yet. Although my friend is pretty happy with it.

4. Jenny Z

Jenny Z Member

Compared to the old market? Love it. Hated the old market.

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Much slower on slow connections than the previous version and when you leave it to load My Apps in the background it will stop loading the section. Total crap to me.

6. thebillington

thebillington Well-Known Member

I'm undecided as of yet. I love the look of the market, I think the clutter looks stylish. However I find it's just SO SLOW it takes a lot longer to browse.

7. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

8. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast

9. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Delete MarketUpdater.apk and your market will not update. If you keep it, even if you revert to teh old market, it will keep updating.

SiHa likes this.
  10. chawski

chawski Android Enthusiast

i hate that the reviews are sometimes months off, generally comments from a previous update. Ill get reviews from april and october of last year in the first 10 comments of things like facebook, which is bashed almost hourly on the reviews

11. onpointG35

onpointG35 Android Enthusiast

I like it any change is good shows us they willing to improve and not be content with something that already works, y'all remember the old web ver. Of the marketplace

12. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast

Done. Thanks. Also backed up current version (2.3.6), so that I can get it back should I need to re-install.

13. nyrblue35

nyrblue35 Member

hasn't been updated yet on my phone. i guess the jury is still out for me.

14. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

haha, all Market related threads merged :p

We've been moving all New Market related threads from a number of phone forums to the Application forums. That's usually the case when you see 5+ threads on the same topic in one day ;) lol

haha :p

15. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

I installed it from the .apk a couple weeks ago and uninstalled the next day. I have not been force updated yet. I don't buy movies (or hardly any apps for that matter), too many ads! The new Market seems much more complex, when all I want to do is either search for an app, or check to see if I need an update. Appbrain is still better.

16. Lord Doom

Lord Doom Newbie

Bit sluggish compared to the old market.

Don't like it much to be honest.

17. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

So far...hate it. As others have said, it is ridiculously slow, comments/ratings are so old they are useless and it says an update is available but you can't update it. Fix it please!
    The layout isn't horrid I guess, I can get used to it but seriously, it needs some help right now!

18. DaytonaZ33

DaytonaZ33 Well-Known Member

IT IS SO SLOW! Why is it so slow? Takes forever to load up and then takes forever every time you navigate to a new page. Even when my Galaxy S2 is on Wifi, doing anything takes forever. Hate the new market.

19. nyrblue35

nyrblue35 Member

might be a silly question but where do i find this file? cant i just rename it incase i want to undo? i connected the phone as usb storage and cant find that file anywhere.

Thanks.

20. jefffran

jefffran Newbie

I guess I like it but not love.

21. KendallParis

KendallParis Member

I finally got it today. Just the fact that it will show you what the update is about on the phone makes me love the new Market. Prior to that, I always had to get online to see if I wanted to update or not.

It's not slow on my phone and I think the layout is much more streamlined.

22. wafa510

wafa510 Member

I also got the new update automatically last night. I am still trying to figure out if I like it enough to deal with it. I really liked the last version a lot better. I see you can uninstall the updates to go back to the previous version. Once I do that I have two questions. Is there anyway to go back to the new version if I decide to after going back to the old one? Will the old version just keep going back to the new version anyway? I have a non-rooted Optimus S. Thanks!

23. maggot_ff

maggot_ff Newbie

I think they're onto something with the new market. When they work out some of the not-so-good things, it'll rock. looks heaps better. I haven't really had that much trouble, except my apps loading for some time every now and then.

24. TheSarge

TheSarge Newbie

It ****ing hate it. The old market was SOOOOO much faster. The new market hits you with useless advertising every ****ing time you launch it, and there's no way to disable all that crap. And, as an extra added annoyance, if you search for an app, it insistes on showing you music and movies and SHIT YOU DIDN'T ASK FOR that in no way shape or form match or even remotely are relevent to what you searched for. Thanks a ****ing lot, Google. I'll be sure to come over to your house later and poke you repeatedly in the eye whenever you don't want it, OK? How would that be? :mad:

If there was an alternative market app that wasn't all bloated and full of ads I'd be all over that.