• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android Market

Just FYI for everyone that may be in the dark, the link for the new Android Market at New Market 3.0.26 - xda-developers contains both a vendor.apk that can be installed as normal via an appinstaller and also contains a .zip that can be flashed through CWM.. I have tried both and they both work great. BTW, I flashed with CWM 3.0.0.5 and tested with PG 06242011

Upvote 0
Just FYI for everyone that may be in the dark, the link for the new Android Market at New Market 3.0.26 - xda-developers contains both a vendor.apk that can be installed as normal via an appinstaller and also contains a .zip that can be flashed through CWM.. I have tried both and they both work great. BTW, I flashed with CWM 3.0.0.5 and tested with PG 06242011

yea i also tested, both work fine

Upvote 0
I tried to put this on a family member's phone running stock, and it says there was a "problem parsing the package" Does anyone know if Android 2.1 phones will receive the Market update when it comes out officially?

phone might have to be rooted to or have cwm recovery to flash the .zip file if the .apk file doesnt work, and also you might have to be on 2.2 and up.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having issues getting updates? I go to My Apps and it says there are updates available. When I go to update certain apps (so far Dropbox and Netflix), there is no update showing. Only options are Open and Uninstall. Also, some other apps wont update. It dl's the update, then when it goes to install, it says cannot install to SD Card... I've had no problems until yesterday... I've gone through and deleted all new apps and still no luck.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having issues getting updates? I go to My Apps and it says there are updates available. When I go to update certain apps (so far Dropbox and Netflix), there is no update showing. Only options are Open and Uninstall. Also, some other apps wont update. It dl's the update, then when it goes to install, it says cannot install to SD Card... I've had no problems until yesterday... I've gone through and deleted all new apps and still no luck.

I had installation problems the other day as well.Tried everything,including fix permissions,wiping MARKET DATA,re-installing GAPPS,still had installation problems,downloading was no problem,just couldn't install.Also couldn't install off market apps either.
The only thing that worked was a total wipe,less SDcard,& re-loading the ROM & GAPPS.

Upvote 0
I had installation problems the other day as well.Tried everything,including fix permissions,wiping MARKET DATA,re-installing GAPPS,still had installation problems,downloading was no problem,just couldn't install.Also couldn't install off market apps either.
The only thing that worked was a total wipe,less SDcard,& re-loading the ROM & GAPPS.

That's what I was afraid of... I'm still gonna play around a bit and try to figure out another solution before I do all that...

Thanks for the feedback though.

Upvote 0

I just received the official update a few days ago.Worked fine,but,now......
My market has automagically reverted back to the old style market w/o any resetting etc.....

No harm,it works,just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Upvote 0
I'm usually more of a minimalist, but I love the new market. Multiple downloads and updates are queued now, I don't see my phone all but locked up from hitting the update all.
Yeah, the main screen is busy as hell, but the old one was plain gugly.

The improved queuing was what I was getting ready to test out & voila,there's the old market again.
Any word from anyone if an updated GAPPS is in the pipeline to include the NEW ANDROID MARKET?

Upvote 0
The improved queuing was what I was getting ready to test out & voila,there's the old market again.
Any word from anyone if an updated GAPPS is in the pipeline to include the NEW ANDROID MARKET?

Your herpes must be flaring.

It will download one app, then when it starts installing, it will start downloading another. It won't start installing the 2nd one until the 1st one is installed, and it won't start downloading a 3rd app until the 2nd one is free to start installing. There's never more than 2 apps being dealt with at one time.

When I flashed 0728, I redownloaded all my apps from market, since something was messing me up reinstalling from TB. I bet I had 30 or 40 apps in the queue at some points, and the queue worked perfectly. SO much nicer than their old way.

Upvote 0
Your herpes must be flaring.

It will download one app, then when it starts installing, it will start downloading another. It won't start installing the 2nd one until the 1st one is installed, and it won't start downloading a 3rd app until the 2nd one is free to start installing. There's never more than 2 apps being dealt with at one time.

When I flashed 0728, I redownloaded all my apps from market, since something was messing me up reinstalling from TB. I bet I had 30 or 40 apps in the queue at some points, and the queue worked perfectly. SO much nicer than their old way.

I'm glad that issue is finally resolved.I bet it works real nice on WI-FI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones