• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Android Market

nuttmeg

Extreme Android User
Feb 9, 2011
Lone Star State

It looks like there is a new version of the Android Market that will be pushing out soon. This new update will bring the market up to version 3.3.11 and hosts a whole bunch of welcomed new features. If I know you guys like I think I do, you are ready for the update now! Lucky for you we have already scored the .apk file and have the download waiting for you below. A word to the wise though

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 44
Could you please put a screenshot of the main page?

The UI "tweaks" are so minimal it looks the same. I dont see anything different except maybe the bar at the top the Market icon looks a little different and maybe the word "Market" next to it is in a different font.

Would give you a ss but havent rooted this one yet :\

Upvote 0
I haven't been able to install it are they specific instructions

no i just put the apk in my download folder than open it and install it,but i really didnt see any differents in the looks of it but speed wise it seems faster, and also there are some added features in the settings of the market.

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
no i just put the apk in my download folder than open it and install it,but i really didnt see any differents in the looks of it but speed wise it seems faster, and also there are some added features in the settings of the market.

I had manually updated the market, then uninstalled last week. Got the auto update this morning..runs smoothly between navigations.

Upvote 0
I haven't been able to install it are they specific instructions

You could try this, I know with that "leaked" ICS Market a few weeks ago if it wouldnt install put it in your system folder and rename your Vending.apk to Vending.apk.bk and rename the market you just put in to "Vending.apk" install it then long press it and change the permissions to look like this- ( + = check the only these boxes)

+ + +
+
+

so its an upside down L all the top boxes should be checked and all the ones going down the left hand side should be checked. No others tho. And then reboot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones