• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android Smartphone

I just read about an android phone being developed by Moto that's supposed to have a 2 GHz processor. Anyone know about this or have any more info?

*I know this isn't the 'right' forum but I'm interested to see the feedback on this from the BH2 community specifically as opposed to the android community as a whole*

I just read about an android phone being developed by Moto that's supposed to have a 2 GHz processor. Anyone know about this or have any more info?

*I know this isn't the 'right' forum but I'm interested to see the feedback on this from the BH2 community specifically as opposed to the android community as a whole*

Lets focus on T-mobile getting a 1GHz android first.

Upvote 0

No the CEO said he wants one by years end. Qualcomm has no 2ghz processor in the pipeline only dual core cpu's at 1.5ghz

Upvote 0
Lets focus on T-mobile getting a 1GHz android first.

Galaxy S. but lets not forget its not the size of the chip its about the performance. Galaxy S is faster than Nexus one's 1ghz snapdragon the chipset is too 1ghz but it is a hummingbird I do believe its called. Motorola's Milestone XT720 will have a 720mhz OMAP processor that too is supposedly on par with Nexus one. Hopefully that is correct. Nevertheless it already has the needed AWS bands for Tmobile 3G

Upvote 0
Galaxy S. but lets not forget its not the size of the chip its about the performance. Galaxy S is faster than Nexus one's 1ghz snapdragon the chipset is too 1ghz but it is a hummingbird I do believe its called. Motorola's Milestone XT720 will have a 720mhz OMAP processor that too is supposedly on par with Nexus one. Hopefully that is correct. Nevertheless it already has the needed AWS bands for Tmobile 3G

But neither is confirmed for T-mobile yet.

And doesn't the XT720 have an OMAP 3440? That is only a 550MHz processor but it is being overclocked in the XT720 which means battery life will suck. Fail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones