1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Android User - Excuse My Ignorance

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TeddieMao, Jul 28, 2010.

1. TeddieMao

TeddieMao Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Project Manager
    Illinois
    Well I finally dumped my Palm and have gone modern with the LG Ally. I like all the bells and whistles but still miss having the calendar & task feature on my phone and desktop. I have synced to Google but I just don't like the feel especially now that all my contacts are in First Name Last Name order (how do I fix this in Google). Can anyone recommend a good desktop calender/to-do app?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. fallonjp

fallonjp Newbie
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    I use CalendarPad as opposed to the HTC or stock Calendar. From reading these forums I've noticed a lot of users coming from Palm and BB who prefer Jorte. As for To-do List / reminder type apps a lot of people love Astrid, there's also 3Banana, and Evernote but I don't use any of them.

For the answer to your first name last name question check out Ask Nerd Girl on AndroidTapp . com, I believe she answered this question in one of her past blogs, but I don't recall what the solution was.

Hope this helps.

3. stainlessray

stainlessray Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    already said in details...;)
    the right coast
    Pure Calendar, and Pure Grid Calendar

And Jorte

All are good, and integrate tasks in different ways.

Jorte is free in the market, and Pure costs a couple bucks. (is also produced by a very good developer, and I don't mind giving a few bucks to good dev's)

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Todo Task Manager is almost identical to the Palm OS style task list. If you depended upon the custom pattern for when a task repeated, check it out.

TeddieMao likes this.
  5. TeddieMao

TeddieMao Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Project Manager
    Illinois
    Thx for all great info. One moe question. I like to have the calendar/task list on my desktop as well as my phone. Do these apps have this?

6. stainlessray

stainlessray Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    already said in details...;)
    the right coast
    EDIT: re read your question.... not the right answer for you

7. Doctorjazz

Doctorjazz Member
    None

Feb 27, 2010
    Hi-I've been using Jorte and the Agenda Widget, not bad...Astrid for tasks (enters tasks into the Agenda Widget, which is nice). Have tried Gemini Calendar, looks nicer, but I find Jorte more functional (Gemini was in beta, so may have changed). Notes I'm still sorting out; have tried ColorNote (simple, looks nice, not many functions), 3 Banana and Note Everything, which are all on my Droid now. I miss Pocket Informant, which I used on my Dell x51v (Pocket PC), but these are adequate. (I've read PI is coming to Android in the fall, but will be about $90 or so, a big investment)

8. wmtoandroid

wmtoandroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Canada
    Was that a typo on the price?? I obtained Pocket Informant free for Windows Mobile through a "free app friday" deal on Handango, but even so, I don't recall it being more than $10! $90 would be insane!

9. Doctorjazz

Doctorjazz Member
    None

Feb 27, 2010
    It wasn't a typo-I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere in the forum section on their site. I just went back to check the on latest news there, ans now they are saying something like $12.99 (which is the iphone price), and it's in beta, possible release Sept or Oct. Sorry for the misinformation.