• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android user (Htc Sensation) switched from iPhone

Have I made a good choice choosing htc sensation (android) over iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had an IPhone 4 16gb which I owned for a year I no longer liked it so I decided to go for Android OS after many recommendationd it. I choose the HTC Sensation mainly because of the 8mp camera and the option to record in full HD aswell as being much more accessible and having the joy to drop and drag files to folder on pc whereas before itunes !

I have to say I am pleased with the phone however there are a few small issues. Last night before I went to bed I charged up my phone fully woke up this morning and the battery was on 75% out of 100% fully charged! That's 25% battery drainage over a phone that's not been used for a few hours. I've downloaded juice defenfer, the battery in the HTC is a 1520 mah battery. I have ordered a gold battery for the HTC which is a 2430mah in a last attempt to solve the battery ordeal.

The other issue I have is text message alert I am deaf and cannot hear very well so vibration is needed. I downloaded ringdroid and created a loudish alert for text however it only vibrates softly and once and many times I have noticed I have unread texts hours old.

I have spent several hours looking on forums, searching around for settings and answers I did not know in order to customize my phone to my liking.

Any spelling mistakes sorry I am using phone!

dude, i'm in the same boat. switched from an iphone (but 3g). love the operating system and the phone, but this battery is crazy. i may have to return the device. sometimes it works normally, but i have watched it jump all over the place. it will decline 10 percent in 10 minutes. then when charging it is very slow, only to gain like 10 percent really quickly.

i downloaded two battery monitoring widgets in addition to the on-board data because i didnt believe what im seeing. they all show the same thing, but i guess they are probably all reading from the same data source. at least i know it wasnt a crazy widget. tried to change all the sync settings and what have you to no avail.

not sure what to make of it all. fortunately in california you have 30 days to bail on your contract and return the phone. i will give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes. looks like with average usage it will last me about 2/3rds of a work day. would like to keep this phone, but this battery situation is a deal killer.

Upvote 0
I owned an Iphone 4 briefly last year and I am considering switching to T-mobile and selling my Droid Charge & Xperia Play to come and get a sensation

The iphone is great and all but aside from Minor changes to OS, the OS still has that 2007 feel to it.

I prefer Android Over Iphone OS but i do appreciate the fact that Unlike Google, Apple does take time to make sure they give you an excellent OS upgrade and not just a "Good enough" upgrade that google tends to send out and then on top of that you have to wait for Manufacturers/Carriers to do their thing.

and of course the openness and customization of Android is what gives it a slight advantage over Apple.

That being said, when 2nd generation Windows Phone 7 comes out this year, I will be firmly dropping Android and not looking back lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones