1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Android user joining the Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Modman, May 31, 2011.

1. Modman

Modman Android Enthusiast
    None

May 31, 2011
    I'm a former Network Admin. Currently an A+ Computer Instructor.

I have put together Windows Networks. I have created Linux Samba and Apache servers. I had a metro pcs Blackberry curve for the last 8 months.
    I got sick of applications not being available for the blackberry so I bought an LG Optimus from metro during the recent $50 off sale. Didn't like the fact that the Optimus M was freezing up. Also heard the
    Flash only runs on ARMv7 devices and the Optimus M has an ARMv6 Processor. Downgraded to the Huawei Ascend cause it was cheaper and installed the 10.1 Adobe flashplayer. However this is still useless since Metro blocks Flash in New York. At least I only paid $50.00 for the Ascend, since Metros network won't support flash. Gonna try rooting my Ascend to remove bloatware. What would make me really happy is finding a way to Run Netflix with skyfire on my Ascend. Running Android 2.1 or 2.2 probably won't turn me on. Or finding a way to run Hulu. Most of Androids tv watching apps are useless except for android video but it requires me to download the programs first. I expected most androids to support flash. Where is Html5 when you need it?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Greetings and Salutations.

If you haven't discovered the forum for your device, check out the Huawei Ascend section for advice and information from fellow users.

Flash is officially supported in 2.2 (FroYo) or later, although some got some Flash content to run on earlier versions.

Welcome tot he forums.

3. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Houston, TX
    Hi Modman, welcome to Android forums. It does look like the slightly lowered processors have a hard time keeping up with the ever increasing landscape of Android Apps. I'm not sure about the workarounds for the Ascend but feel free to visit the Ascend root forum for any of your questions.

4. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    East Tawas, MI
    Hello Modman and welcome to the forums! It's sounds like your Ascend is in very capable hands and if anyone can find a way, you're the man to do it ;). You'll find a lot of helpful information about rooting and removing bloatware in this subforum Ascend - All Things Root - Android Forums. Good luck on your journey we call root and take care!

5. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Welcome to the AF Modman. I hope you enjoy.