1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Android User

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Achase, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Achase

Achase Lurker
    None

Nov 23, 2011
    Hi,
    I just got a Casio G'zone Commando. I love all the features of the phone, I have had G'zone phones before but this is my first "smart" phone. I need some help on disabling apps and charging the battery. When I first got the phone I loaded some apps on it and now need to remove them, not sure how to do that correctly. My biggest concern is the battery life. My phone will not take a charge when connected to a car, using the normal cord (USB) and a cigar lighter adapter. I downloaded the C771 driver for my computer and now I can charge that way (thanks to this forum!). I only have that one cable and it works at home and on the computer, so why not in the car? The phone says it is connected to a USB and I get the three options, but when I select Charge Only nothing happens?
    I will keep reading the forum to see what else I can do!
    Thanks for all the help so far

Advertisement

2. zflamewing

zflamewing Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    NOC/IT Professional
    Atl
    Welcome to the Android Forums Achase! I'm pretty sure the wonderful people over in the Casio G

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

To remove apps correctly, you can go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications and scroll down the list to find the app you want to get rid of. Tap on that and uninstall is one of the options there.

As for charging, some phones are fussy about the amperage of the charging source. Look on the a/c charger that came with the phone and see what the exact specs are and that should be what you look for in a car charger.

4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Welcome... You're like a Tap/Click away from learning new "tips & tricks for your device. Android Forum is totally cool. Enjoy! :)