• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Android Web Market Says I Have No Phone

RichSz

Not Entitled
Jul 9, 2010
Between Imladris and Lothl
Yesterday we got a real web interface into the Android Market (http://market.android.com). Surprisingly there has been little rejoicing. Whatever. I've logged in using my only Google account and it finds all the apps I've bought and downloaded. Sweet! Things go bad from there.

When I go into My Account / Settings, it tells me "There are no Android devices associated with this account.". Interesting because it finds all my purchases which only ever occurred through and for my DX.

The two corrective actions listed on that page are, use your primary account (I only have the one) and make sure you've used the Market app recently (I do daily). Sounds like I'm out of options.

My buddy's EVO connects with no problem. I've tried on several computers with the same results.

Is anyone experiencing this issue? Does anyone have an idea how to get passed it?

It's clearly a work in process that is slowly rolling out. But like you guys, first it didn't detect what apps I have. Then it knew the apps but couldn't download from the website to my phone. There were some tips about signing off Google Talk and then reentering the app that got me to the point where it tries to download but fails to find the app. I figure later today all will be well. Candidly, I am not sure if I don't prefer Appbrain more.

Upvote 0
I think there will still be places for things like Appbrain, since they can roll out more features quicker than Google could hope for, since Google is constrained by a larger scale and having to be less bug tolerant - not to mention having one resource pool for a lot more tasks.

Still, pretty cool for the average person who doesn't use Appbrain and/or doesn't want that additional app installed.

Upvote 0
Yesterday we got a real web interface into the Android Market (http://market.android.com). Surprisingly there has been little rejoicing. Whatever. I've logged in using my only Google account and it finds all the apps I've bought and downloaded. Sweet! Things go bad from there.

When I go into My Account / Settings, it tells me "There are no Android devices associated with this account.". Interesting because it finds all my purchases which only ever occurred through and for my DX.
You have it better than I do. I don't see my apps or my phone in settings.

Lots of reports of this on the google groups android market forum.

I think the issue might be related to my setup.

My default account on my phone is myname@mydomain.com (google apps for your domain account). But, market purchases aren't (or weren't) supported on GAFYD accounts, so my market purchases are linked to myname@gmail.com, which I have on my phone as a secondary account.

I suspect most people having this issue have a similar such setup.

Hopefully they find a fix for this soon though.

Upvote 0
I think the issue might be related to my setup.

My default account on my phone is myname@mydomain.com (google apps for your domain account). But, market purchases aren't (or weren't) supported on GAFYD accounts, so my market purchases are linked to myname@gmail.com, which I have on my phone as a secondary account.

I suspect most people having this issue have a similar such setup.
Nah, the Google support forums are filling up quickly with complaints of this issue from people, like myself, who have always only had a standard GMail account associated with their phone. I don't doubt that GAFYD is causing many issues, I just don't think it's "most".
Regardless, I hope Google is smart enough to fix this gaffe quickly and effectively. The lack of a market accessible from outside the mobile devices has long been a criticism of this platform, and screwing this up like this on day one only adds fuel to the critics fires.

Upvote 0
Same problem here, one month old OptimusV, I did a factory reset to try to resolve another issue (which wasn't an issue, just my stupidity), relinked to my gmail account then tried to reinstall my apps on the PC from Android Market.

Got the "no phone associated with your account", yet can access my account from the phone and have reinstalled many of the apps using the phone, came back to the PC but still no phone associated with my account.

Looks like LOTS of people with similar problem - guess I've got all the apps I need from Google till someone figures this out!!

Upvote 0
Same problem here, one month old OptimusV, I did a factory reset to try to resolve another issue (which wasn't an issue, just my stupidity), relinked to my gmail account then tried to reinstall my apps on the PC from Android Market.

Got the "no phone associated with your account", yet can access my account from the phone and have reinstalled many of the apps using the phone, came back to the PC but still no phone associated with my account.

Looks like LOTS of people with similar problem - guess I've got all the apps I need from Google till someone figures this out!!

Looks like mine cleared itself up finally, guess a few more install requests from the phone got it on the right track and the Web Market now knows the phone!

Upvote 0
Greetings -
Brand-new to the Droid phone today, and was having this same problem as well. I realized that the Market site on the web indicates up top if you're logged in, so decided to see if I was logged in on the phone.

Here's how I solved my issue:
-on my phone, went to the Market.
-zoomed in on the top right to see if it said "Sign In" -- which it did. This surprised me, as that meant I was not really logged in... even though I'd already downloaded some apps directly to the phone and linked my Google account to the phone itself.
-clicked the Sign In link, gave the account/password info.
-the Market logged my phone in; the indicator up top now showed my account name.
-almost immediately, checked on my computer - the Market web site now recognized my phone and the account.

To sum up - you may be able to use the Market without truly being logged in. If you can get to the Market on the phone but not the website - check to see you're really logged in on the phone, and that the Market shows your account info up top.

I hope this helps someone else solve their issue.

~Rupe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones