1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New, annoying notifications on Galaxy S5 - 'Sleep Mode' and 'Low Power'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gary Noble, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Gary Noble

Gary Noble Lurker

.I've had my S5 for a few years and had it set up how I wanted but in the last week two new annoying pop-ups have started appearing.

1) - whenever the phone gets below 30% power a message appears from the top of the screen suggesting I turn off WiFi etc.

2) - every evening the entire screen swaps out for a massive message about 'Sleep Mode' and various options I can activate in that mode.

I don't give a crap about any of these options but can't figure out how to turn either message off and it's getting quite irritating.

Anyone able to help me?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by mydian, Jul 4, 2017 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Bognerman

Bognerman Newbie

Very annoying I agree!

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Just curious if you have the application called Peel Smart Remote installed?
    I've heard of numerous members having issues with it since the latest update

mydian likes this.
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Issues such as yours, I mean

6. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Mikestony likes this.
  7. Gary Noble

Gary Noble Lurker

Thanks everybody! After reading your replies I killed the Pell Smart Remote App and disabled it. Four days later and neither issue has recurred so that was definitely the cause.

Cheers for all your help.

Gary.

mydian likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews