1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New app I made gives you cash + more for NOT texting while driving

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by DriveAliveApp, Oct 22, 2011.

1. DriveAliveApp

DriveAliveApp Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    Hi Android forums,

My name is Timothy Cody and after months of hard work after the idea was birthed the app's demo is finally available on android for free right now!

The basic idea is that if you run my app while driving safely (which doesn't block your phone ever, and also you choose when to run it or not) then we reward you with cash we've received from donations, and you become eligible for rewards from our affiliates.

You can read all about the app here:
    New Drive Alive Appreleased - Sea Girt | Wall - SHOREzine | Jersey Shore magazine | New Jersey Shore events guide | Things to Do Jersey Shore | Monmouth County NJ

That's an article a local magazine wrote about our app, it's explained by them than we ever could.

Or checkout the website I made for it.

The Drive Alive App

Another neat feature is that all our app users who use the app get added to our online copy of the database which we call the leaderboard here: The Drive Alive App Leaderboard Don't worry though, if you choose to be anonymous while setting up the app your real name won't be posted, but for those of you who don't mind your name being up there you can brag about being our # 1 safest driver, and also have the best chance for earning rewards.

There is currently about $250.00's in donations ready to be given out to users who download and run the app demo while driving safely today! Don't miss out!

I'll be checking this post often to answer any questions you may have about the app, so ask away! Thanks for reading.

Download link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.drivealive.demo&feature=search_result

Advertisement

2. Mada

Mada Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    School
    Alabama
    Seems like this uses the GPS to track movement, which is fine, but what about sitting in traffic? Does it realize that the driver is in stop and go traffic? How does it work in response to this situation?

DriveAliveApp likes this.
  3. DriveAliveApp

DriveAliveApp Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    Hey ALR35,

Thanks for your interest in our app. Unfortunately I cannot go into too much detail about how our app handles this situation, but I can assure you that we have thought of this problem prior to making the app.

It can tell the difference between you walking, jogging, sitting at home, or driving in traffic. You will receive credit for time spent running our app while driving (even in traffic), and as a result become eligible for rewards.

Mada likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Honestly, I don't get it.

Your app allows access to other apps in a way that Google warns can be used for malware, users face that plus you tracking their movements, and if they don't use their phones, you have a pool claimed to be a total of $250 to divide among participants?

5. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Android Expert
    None

Nov 22, 2009
    Colorado, USA
    Pass. Super pass.

6. DriveAliveApp

DriveAliveApp Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    This is a demo designed generate interest for when the finished product comes out. We hope to partner with other businesses in the future who will provide other discounts/cash/rewards for safe driving.

Are you referring to the installation message that goes something like:

"Do you want to install this application?
    Allow this application to access:

7. mills2533

mills2533 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    Colorado (USA)
    I wouldn't want my driving habits monitored and shared with insurance companies. Great idea though and I hope it does well.

8. DriveAliveApp

DriveAliveApp Newbie
    None

May 5, 2011
    Thanks a lot. We are hoping they will though! But, the greatest part about our app is that if they do not want to use it they don't have to.

We would never let it become something where your rates go up unless you use it or anything like that, there are ENOUGH punishments, discouragement, and things of that nature to do with texting & driving.

We feel that encouragement, rewards, and things like that will ultimately be what get's people to stop. Also, for the moment this information is not shared with anyone. Therefore, if that's what's stopping you from using the app right now, rest assured your information is stored securely with us for the time being, and please use it for the rewards we can currently offer you.