• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New App -- Timeriffic is well...

Timeriffic is not setting some "temp setting" it is changing the actual current setting of the phone.

Unchanged means the setting is currently unchanged. An example:

You set your phone at 7am to have a 10% ringer volume. At 9am you change the screen brightness, the ringer volume is unchanged. At 11am you change the ringer volume to 100%. The current volume is now 100%.

Make sense?

Upvote 0
I notice on my droid at times when I view the current schedule it has not "advanced" to the next event. I can close the program and open it back up and it will be at the correct event. My cell phone signal is weak at my house, does this have an effect on the software updating to the correct event? Or is this an issue on the droid?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I am a spanish user of your fantastic app since several months ago.

I have a question: The button that changes the bluetooth option appears like "Not supported", i am not sure if this problem is happening only in my G2 Sapphire or is no supported for all the people.

I am with Cyanogenmod Rom, Donut.

Thanks in advanced

Upvote 0
Hello,

I've just installed Timeriffic and have set up my profiles. I noticed the 'Validate Audio Service' option under the Settings menu and hoped someone could explain it a bit further. It sounds like this option tells Timeriffic whether or not an audio app is currently playing, is that correct? If this is the case, what can I then do with this information...as in, can I build a profile around whether or not an audio service is present?

thanks,

sleepy

Upvote 0
Feature request.. and/or maybe it won't matter until/if my G1 gets 2.x...

could you toggle 2G/3G radio via Timeriffic? ie. I might want to drop to 2G radio while at work.. so I get calls, but won't burn as much battery.. but outside work hours, I might want 3G radio on so I get better data rates (ie. might be using maps, etc)

also why is the google code site out of date? (stops at ver 1.5...) Timeriffic - autosettings - Timeriffic, mute or un-mute the global Android ringer at a specified time of the day. - Project Hosting on Google Code

Upvote 0
Actually Jim and WPWood - we do offer Airplane mode and on all 2.0 OS (Droid only today) we offer BT control as well. So this should handle your radio off needs nicely.

Don't forget to give us a star and review rating. Enjoy!

Is it possible (and I speak from true ignorance here), that the BT control might also exist in 1.6-based ROMS such as CM? (I don't know if Timeriffic does an OS version check and assumes the capability is not there, or if it could somehow test the API, regardless of the OS version).

I don't know if this API/functionality could in any way have been backported to 1.6.

EDIT: The reason I ask is that "Toggle Settings" does have BT control for me.

Upvote 0
DKaufman,

I installed Timeriffic yesterday on my Droid. It's pretty easy to use, however, mine is not updating the settings when I have set them.

I know the settings and times are working because if I choose "Check Now" it'll update according the the settings and make the change. However, I have to keep doing that.

I've left timeriffic running in the background as I thought that was why it was not updating, but still no luck.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
DKaufman,

I installed Timeriffic yesterday on my Droid. It's pretty easy to use, however, mine is not updating the settings when I have set them.

I know the settings and times are working because if I choose "Check Now" it'll update according the the settings and make the change. However, I have to keep doing that.

I've left timeriffic running in the background as I thought that was why it was not updating, but still no luck.

Thanks!

I am having the same problem, It used to work great before some updates. It always surprises me when updates come every other day and nothing seems to change except it gets worse.

Upvote 0
I realize the GPS issue has already been addressed, but I wonder about if for a reason outside of security issues.

We all know running GPS is a drain. I use the power maintenance widget to turn it on and off. My thing is, I often forget to turn it back on when I leave work, for example. I get on the road and ask my phone to navigate (mostly for the feature where it shows my ETA... love that), but it's still turned off. Everything else that Timeriffic controls is great-- particularly because, well I'd bee using Quick Profiles, which was great when i remembered to switch to my Work profile. It's very, very quiet in my office, and when ActionComplete yells, "YOU'VE GOT THINGS TO DO!!" in my very very quiet office, it's a little awkward. But since I switched to Timeriffic it isn't a problem any longer. I'd just like it to turn my GPS off when I get to work, and back on when I leave. That'd be killer.

Upvote 0
Actually, GPS is only a drain when an app uses it. Just having the checkbox in the settings enabled means you are giving apps permission to use the GPS. It is not an off/on toggle for the GPS itself. The only drain occurs when apps try to use GPS.

You would do better to monitor which of your apps use the GPS than worrying about checking/unchecking the box. That said, I do disallow GPS when I'm at work, simply because I can't get GPS fixes in my office building and I have apps that would try to use GPS during that time which would be pointless.

Upvote 0
I use Action Complete, which does use the GPS periodically during the day. It's unnecessary during the day, because I'm at work. But it checks anyway, which is where my draw is.

I'd really like to be able to shut GPS on and off on a timetable, the way Timeriffic does with other features. The reason isn't really the point-- the point is that it's what I'd like to happen.

Upvote 0
Oh I don't disagree with you, the reason definitely isn't the point, it's what you want to happen. There are just quite a few people that think just having that box checked means their battery is dying faster, and that isn't really the case so I was just pointing that out.

I too benefit from being able to disallow GPS at certain times and in certain places, for the same reason, because I have apps that would try to use GPS when in places where I can't get a GPS fix.

For that reason, I have had to migrate away from Timeriffic to one that does support GPS toggling.

Upvote 0
Great app. Nice and easy to use but mostly comprehensive. There are two extra things that would be really useful:
Ability to select a profile manually, maybe from the task bar or a widget.
Locality based changes, preferably on Radio masts rather than GPS to preserve the battery but maybe both those plus WiFi? could be selected to choice.
Any chance of those?

Upvote 0
First oof, thanks for making such a useful app! Now on to the problem.

I have a HTC Incredible. Timeriffic is working flawlessly for Mute and Wifi on/off. The problem I am having is after a Mute by Timeriffic, SOMETIMES the phone will not unmute at the next event. For Instance:

Timeriffic settings:

10pm - Mute
5am - Unmute <--- does not always work

I have tried to change the 5am event to "UnMute" and "Max the Volume". The phone still stays Muted, sometimes.

I know this is a hard error to track down since it is not consistent, but is this a known issue? I can give you more information if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
We have posted a new update to Timeriffic and has profiles and more features...I think you and others interested in controlling the device's sound and vibrate based on day/time will be pretty happy.

Let us know what you think.

PS We also updated the visuals too.
This wld be Brill. Had something similar wuth blackberry & really miss with my htc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones