• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Application - Drudger

blauter78

Nov 11, 2009
Hey everyone, recently launch my first app which was a simple tip calculator, so while I wait for some reviews/feedback, here is my 2nd application. If anyone checks it out, I would love some feedback. Second screenshot is a little out of date, has a couple more icons in the toolbar now. Thanks.

Drudger is a free (ad supported) utility (also paid version with no ads) that downloads all news articles from Drudge Report for viewing on your device. Not just a webviewer.

Features:
* Swipe screen or click tabs for easy navigation.
* Background refresh (with progress) can be done manually or on timer.
* Email/Text/Share link

Hey everyone, recently launch my first app which was a simple tip calculator, so while I wait for some reviews/feedback, here is my 2nd application. If anyone checks it out, I would love some feedback. Second screenshot is a little out of date, has a couple more icons in the toolbar now. Thanks.

Drudger is a free (ad supported) utility (also paid version with no ads) that downloads all news articles from Drudge Report for viewing on your device. Not just a webviewer.

Features:
* Swipe screen or click tabs for easy navigation.
* Background refresh (with progress) can be done manually or on timer.
* Email/Text/Share link

Could be a good one...but do yourself a favor and always include links! :)

http://www.appbrain.com/app/drudger-(drudge-report)/com.baddroid.drudger

http://www.appbrain.com/app/drudger-paid-(drudge-report)/com.baddroid.drudgerpaid

Reactions: blauter78
Upvote 0
No problem. And I like it! Just purchased the full version. :)

Awesome! I appreciate it. The free version has a couple features that will be in the paid version release later tonight when I get home.

Specifically, the menu bar on the webview has two new icons for sharing (non-message format). It shares just the link text instead of link, subject and body for use with link shortening applications, FB, etc. Also new icons which are a little nicer!!

Thanks Again! Please offer any suggestions or feedback on it once you have tried it out.

Upvote 0
What is the advantage of your app over the Drudge Report app in the News section at App Brain? I've got that one - should I switch it to yours? :)

Yes, you should switch.. lol

Are you talking about this one:
Drudge Report - Android app on AppBrain

That would be a tough one. I do like the fact that he has built a server that strips text only from the articles and the app points to those, but i do like the more android style interface mine provides..

How about this.. You tell me what I can do to make you like mine better, and I will do my best to provide the features you want ;)

Upvote 0
What is the advantage of your app over the Drudge Report app in the News section at App Brain? I've got that one - should I switch it to yours? :)

You can disregard my opinion if you wish, as I wasn't even aware of the other Drudge app.

I like the simple layout of Drudger. It loads quickly and is easy to navigate. The white text on a black background is easy for these old eyes to read, and the option to send a link for an article is useful.

But again, I haven't even seen the other app! I just know I like this one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones