1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New Application - Drudger

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by blauter78, Oct 13, 2010.

1. blauter78

blauter78 Newbie

Nov 11, 2009
    Hey everyone, recently launch my first app which was a simple tip calculator, so while I wait for some reviews/feedback, here is my 2nd application. If anyone checks it out, I would love some feedback. Second screenshot is a little out of date, has a couple more icons in the toolbar now. Thanks.

Drudger is a free (ad supported) utility (also paid version with no ads) that downloads all news articles from Drudge Report for viewing on your device. Not just a webviewer.

Features:
    * Swipe screen or click tabs for easy navigation.
    * Background refresh (with progress) can be done manually or on timer.
    * Email/Text/Share link

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. w_bovine

w_bovine Android Expert

Jul 19, 2010
    Could be a good one...but do yourself a favor and always include links! :)

http://www.appbrain.com/app/drudger-(drudge-report)/com.baddroid.drudger

http://www.appbrain.com/app/drudger-paid-(drudge-report)/com.baddroid.drudgerpaid

blauter78 likes this.
  3. blauter78

blauter78 Newbie

Nov 11, 2009
  4. w_bovine

w_bovine Android Expert

Jul 19, 2010
    No problem. And I like it! Just purchased the full version. :)

5. blauter78

blauter78 Newbie

Nov 11, 2009

Awesome! I appreciate it. The free version has a couple features that will be in the paid version release later tonight when I get home.

Specifically, the menu bar on the webview has two new icons for sharing (non-message format). It shares just the link text instead of link, subject and body for use with link shortening applications, FB, etc. Also new icons which are a little nicer!!

Thanks Again! Please offer any suggestions or feedback on it once you have tried it out.

6. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto

Sep 14, 2010
    Pilates Instructor
    South of Boston, MA
    What is the advantage of your app over the Drudge Report app in the News section at App Brain? I've got that one - should I switch it to yours? :)

7. blauter78

blauter78 Newbie

Nov 11, 2009

Yes, you should switch.. lol

Are you talking about this one:
    Drudge Report - Android app on AppBrain

That would be a tough one. I do like the fact that he has built a server that strips text only from the articles and the app points to those, but i do like the more android style interface mine provides..

How about this.. You tell me what I can do to make you like mine better, and I will do my best to provide the features you want ;)

8. w_bovine

w_bovine Android Expert

Jul 19, 2010
    You can disregard my opinion if you wish, as I wasn't even aware of the other Drudge app.

I like the simple layout of Drudger. It loads quickly and is easy to navigate. The white text on a black background is easy for these old eyes to read, and the option to send a link for an article is useful.

But again, I haven't even seen the other app! I just know I like this one.