• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canesfan

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2011
the Desert
Hey all, I'm in the process of downloading an update today on at&t. I understand it includes WiFi callling, a security update, advanced messaging, and gallery app. Any other feedback here?

UPDATE: the WiFi calling is on it, and some new options for photos. I also noted the explanation for texting options, but as of now do not see evidence of the recipient reading the text. I haven't noticed any changes in battery life, either way.

Last edited:
Wifi Calling

I've been running the new update (baseband N920AUCU3CPHA) and have not noticed any differences. The biggest change for me was the add of WiFi Calling. I spend a lot of time at my aunt's house and have zero cell signal there, so if anyone calls or texts, I don't the message until I leave. I tried to use WiFi-calling today only to find out it was not working; then I found out you need to enable it first?!?!?!?

To test if it works, turn on airplane mode, then turn Wifi on and connect to a wifi hotspot. If you can call, the it is enabled. When you got into phone, there is a small wifi icon on the gree phone button showing you are making a wifi call.

If it does not work, you need to enable wifi calling:
  1. Open your phone app to dial out
  2. Click "More" in the upper right corner
  3. Select "Setting" from the drop down menu
  4. Scroll down to Wi-Fi Calling (you'll see it says off)
  5. Go through the menu, enter a physical address for 911, and in a few minutes, Wi-Fi calling will be active.

Turned on airplane mode, connected to Wi-Fi and it has been working perfect all day :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones