• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Atrix Owner - Need Guidance

Russ K

Lurker
Oct 29, 2011
Hi,

Just got a new Atrix 4G and have a few questions. I'm familiar with Linux/Unix and a novice with Android and smart phones in general. After doing a lot of reading, I've decided my best course of action at this time is to Unroot, run the stock OS, disbale motoblur, and add a launcher. Can anyone walk me through this process, and the best way to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Russ

To UnRoot it:
http://androidforums.com/atrix-4g-all-things-root/423259-best-way-unroot.html

As for using another launcher (I use Launcher Pro). Just download the launcher you want, install it, and set it as the default launcher. (The first time you hit the home screen, it should ask you what launcher to use, choose the one you installed and check the box to make it default.)

Reboot the phone and you'll see it retains that launcher as the launcher. BLUR (that's what the launcher part of MotoBlur is called) should not start back up unless you switch back to it as the launcher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones