1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories New Battery lasts two days!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by james1808, Jun 11, 2009.

1. james1808

james1808 Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Audio Visual Engineer
    Macclesfield. UK.
    I have a new battery from a company on Ebay.

Its a 1700mAh That fits directly in to the phone with no big back add ons, Which i really did not like the look of, good idea but with the extra weight and ugly looks id rather charge my phone twice a day:)

So i took a gamble and baught the new battery:thinking: Always worried it could be garbage and a waste of money. The battery arrived and i fitted it and left it on charge for around 16 hours.

Finally got the phone off charged and used it as i would usually, made sure all the settings were the same ie. screen brightness and wifi were off and so on.... The battery lasted considerably longer by around 40% again.

BUT:thinking: It could still be killed pretty quickly with heavy usage. I tried a couple more settings to make it last longer. I found when i turned (only use the g2 network on) it was saving the battery for hours longer.

I have now had the phone on for 2 days without turning it off and normal usage. I am amazed by just turning this off, how even a standard battery can last a lot longer.

Would love to know if there are many more tips for battery life? Its becoming an obsession to see how long i can make it last for.

Cheers:)

Advertisement

2. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    I went from 7 hours of life to 11+ hours by changing how often my email is checked. Changed from every minute to every 10 minutes.

3. RUDZ

RUDZ Member

Jun 11, 2009
    got a link to the ebay auction?

4. james1808

james1808 Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Audio Visual Engineer
    Macclesfield. UK.
    Sorry for the late responce, been at work all day. There's a link its the UK ebay but I think they deliver everywhere.

Also I found today when I had no signal the battery has drained a lot more than usual?

Does the phone use more power to find signal?

Please let me know, I'm not sure if you could do much about that tho : )

Cheers

5. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Director of IT
    Cellular signal? Yes. A lot of people don't realize that most cell phones (and I suspect the G1) do not operate at full power all of the time. This results in less radiation for the user. If you are in a cellular "hole" or otherwise don't have a strong cell tower nearby the cell phone will increase it's signal and power consumption in an attempt to compensate.

6. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    what do you guys do to make your batteries need charging twice a day? mines always lasted 2 days with a fair bit of internet use, and playing with the emulators. could get 3 days with it on red bar. this is with the supplied battary.

7. RokyKing

RokyKing Member

Jun 11, 2009
    IT
    Texas
    You must have an awfully good battery mate. Or never make phone calls/text. Mine is generally almost dead by the end of the work day.

Unless I have it sitting on a charger throughout the workday.

lol ;)

Tags: