• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Beautiful Widgets update fixes weather update problem

Ah, so they ARE paid...I was doing it right then. For some reason I thought they were free. I suppose I'll have to start paying for some sooner or later...
If you only care about weather then Weather Bug is more a accurate App. However, with WB you don't get the icons, live wallpaper, clock with weather widget, and live wallpaper.
(I have Beautiful Widgets set to launch WB when clicking the five day forecast.)

anyone know how i can get beautiful widgets off 'authorizing purchase' and actually install?
This is a known Google Apps marketplace issue and has nothing to do with the publisher(s).
On rare occasion it means your credit card information needs updating but most of the time it's just a Google bug.
After a while it usually goes through on its own if left on 'authorizing'.

Upvote 0
I'm having major problems with the new update. The weather isn't updating, and when I click on clock, date, or weather nothing pops up.

You have to select which apps update when you press those features. It doesn't automatically happen. Hope this helps.

PS: the option to select is in the settings.

Upvote 0
You have to select which apps update when you press those features. It doesn't automatically happen. Hope this helps.

PS: the option to select is in the settings.

Yeah I was trying to pick the applications but some of them like date / time said they couldn't be used....but anyway I figured out my problem and of course...user error.

For some reason "using wireless networks" for location was disabled....DOH!!

Upvote 0
It
Yay! My temp is no longer stuck on 90 degrees! :)

Yeah how its zero. That's pretty cold for south florida! Its also about to pour down rain and it thinks it sunny out. So far the update hasn't worked for me. I also don't like how I have to enter a local every time I least up. How about a little remembering?
If you use this with the live weather wallpaper does it do anything special ?

Upvote 0
It

Yeah how its zero. That's pretty cold for south florida! Its also about to pour down rain and it thinks it sunny out. So far the update hasn't worked for me. I also don't like how I have to enter a local every time I least up. How about a little remembering?
If you use this with the live weather wallpaper does it do anything special ?

Go to Phone Options -> Location and Security -> Make sure "Use Wireless Networks" is checked.

Upvote 0
No, I don't think thats what its supposed to do. Motorola widget does turn on/off GPS, and some others do it too. That is the purpose of those widgets, they are shortcuts to turn on/off Bluetooth, WiFi, Airplane mode, GPS..
Little disappointing .
Thats what mine does. I think thats what its supposed to do. I like it because I can make sure my gps is on or off and not have to worry about a widget messing up.

Upvote 0
after the update now my clock is not working right. woke up this morning...X time said 4:37a.m. beautiful widget's said 12:15a.m. refreshed but didn't fixed it so I deleted from home page and replaced it. that fixed for awhile but happened again. I did a soft reset and maybe that will be a fix... anyone else having this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones