• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Beautiful Widgets update fixes weather update problem

Just an update on this, it looks like another new version came out last night (version 3.0.3). In the install notes the developer recommends uninstalling and then reinstalling if you're having issues. Personally I didn't have any issues going from 2.x to 3.x but it looks like that might be something to try for those having issues.

Upvote 0
after the update now my clock is not working right. woke up this morning...X time said 4:37a.m. beautiful widget's said 12:15a.m. refreshed but didn't fixed it so I deleted from home page and replaced it. that fixed for awhile but happened again. I did a soft reset and maybe that will be a fix... anyone else having this problem?

I have the same problem, I'm going to leave a msg with the developer on their website.

Upvote 0
Why did you get so pissed off setting it up?

Well, I guess because it wasn't particularly intuitive, and maybe frustrated would be a better word. It just wasn't easy to figure out, tons of settings for each page, etc., and even when I thought I had it right, the display was still all wrong. Figured it just wasn't worth the aggravation.

Upvote 0
For those having clock problems, when I did the last update it said that if you have a bug with it to trash the one on screen and redo a new one and that will fix the bug. I had the clock problem and did this now it works perfectly

I've had to do that 2-3x a day since the update. And now that I trashed it and created it again the weather isn't updating.

EDIT: Just checked the market and ran another update. Things seem fine for now... I'm crossing my fingers that this fixed the little bug I was seeing.

Upvote 0
after the update now my clock is not working right. woke up this morning...X time said 4:37a.m. beautiful widget's said 12:15a.m. refreshed but didn't fixed it so I deleted from home page and replaced it. that fixed for awhile but happened again. I did a soft reset and maybe that will be a fix... anyone else having this problem?

Ya same problem here. I like how they allow you to hide the weather icon, how about allowing us to hide the clock icon if we want to use a stand alone clock widget?

Upvote 0
Welp, now the weather seems to be fixed for everyone whos updated or uninstalled and reinstalled... BUT... atleast for myself and some others, the time sticks... ok, so the weather thing I could deal with... but the time sticking is kinda a bigger issue... I'm not giving up on BW yet though. I still love how it looks and have just been looking to the notification bar for time instead, never the less, its frustrating.
Question to those out there...
Is your time sticking now?
If "no" which widget are you running?
if "yes" which widget are you running?
I'm running the "smaller home" widget. Just wondering if its limited to one widget over the other.
I have found that if I trash the widget on screen and reload a new one it will work for a while.

Upvote 0
Question to those out there...
Is your time sticking now?
If "no" which widget are you running?
if "yes" which widget are you running?
I'm running the "smaller home" widget. Just wondering if its limited to one widget over the other.
I have found that if I trash the widget on screen and reload a new one it will work for a while.

Yes my time is still sticking if I am using BW. Doesn't matter which widget either, the bigger or smaller home. The only one that works great for me right now is the digital clock widget. But then I have no weather forecast on my phone :( Too bad it takes so long to get things right...

Upvote 0

if i uninstall and reload it works for awhile but then stops working again. why the issues?:thinking:

Upvote 0
ok. So here is something i figured out that worked for me.

i found a thread that was talking about how task killers can sometimes do more harm than good.

so I uninstalled my ATK (Advanced Task Killer) and guess what...everything for beautiful widgets starting working again! Thank goodness?!!

That's great but I have never had a task killer installed.

Upvote 0
I'm still running 2.999 and I've been curious about the temp not updating. Like last night at 1AM I knew it wasn't still 99 degrees outside. The thing is when I'd go to google and search 75063 weather, I'd get the same temp. Then I'd go to weather.com and get the real temp which was like 81 degrees. So it never seemed to me that the widget had a problem with updating the temperature, just that it was updating it off of an incorrect source.

Upvote 0
And you guys paid for this aggrevation ? Think I will stick with the stock clock and the weather channel.

This is the only thing I hate about Android Apps - a lot of them seem buggy, not ready for prime time. Of course I came from a dumb phone so maybe the Apple camp has the same issues but I want my phone.....er device to work, especially for the basic stuff like time and temp. Otherwise I might as well use the voice command and call the bank time/temp. Just my rant.

Good luck to you guys doing developer QA.

Upvote 0
I'm still running 2.999 and I've been curious about the temp not updating. Like last night at 1AM I knew it wasn't still 99 degrees outside. The thing is when I'd go to google and search 75063 weather, I'd get the same temp. Then I'd go to weather.com and get the real temp which was like 81 degrees. So it never seemed to me that the widget had a problem with updating the temperature, just that it was updating it off of an incorrect source.

you need to update. BW used to pull from google weather but now pulls from accuweather. go into the market and update BW.

Everything has been working fine for me since the last batch of updates. Weather is within a degree or two of weatherbug and time has stayed current

Upvote 0
So I have BW. I removed the widget when everything got jacked, updated it, but I still don't use it. I found another weather app I like better. I don't think I even selected a location for it, but when I check my Running Services, BW is running?!? WTF? Since I paid for it, I want to be able to use it if I want in the future, but how do I get it to not run in the background for now?

Upvote 0
So I have BW. I removed the widget when everything got jacked, updated it, but I still don't use it. I found another weather app I like better. I don't think I even selected a location for it, but when I check my Running Services, BW is running?!? WTF? Since I paid for it, I want to be able to use it if I want in the future, but how do I get it to not run in the background for now?

it sounds like you just removed the widget not uninstalled it... you have to go into the market, go to your downloads, and actually uninstall the app

Edit: sorry I just reread your post, and realize that you wanted to keep it but not have it running.... ignore what i said then... maybe try setting the "update" part to never if thats an option?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones