• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New blade help please.

animal47

Jan 26, 2011
Just bought a new blade that had been unlocked and rooted as i didnt want the hassle of doing it myself but the phone is not working properly, the rotate doesnt work which obviously makes web browsing annoying and the search function doesnt work so i cant even search for apps in the marketplace.
The phone is showing as being on android 2.3.4 and the kernel version is 2.6.32.9.
I am guessing that it is the custom rom that is causing the problems but i am not at all confident at fixing it, could someone please talk me through an idiots guide of what i need to do to sort the issues, many thanks.

Am I right in that there seems to be quite a few people complaining about cm7 and the rotation etc.
What would be the best rom to flash it with being that all I really wanted is an unlocked phone without the bloatware, I am not worried about having the very latest software as I would rather have something older that works properly. Is there a way that I can tell for sure that the fault is software related rather than the phone itself being faulty as I don't want to mess about with it if i then have to return it.
Advice much appreciated.

Upvote 0
So the r12 is a good one to try then.
How do I go about installing this if i already have cm7 installed, do I have to wipe anything first and is this Rom suitable for gen2 as that's what Mr pigfish has just told me I have.
I would really appreciate it if someone could guide me through exactly what I have to do to install Swedish spring over cm7.

Upvote 0
I installed clockwork recovery and then did a data and cache wipe and then installed swedish spring from the zip file that i had dragged onto the sd card, it said that it installed ok but after rebooting it is just stuck on the start up screen and has been for 2o minutes now, what have i done wrong.
Is it something to do with the previously installed cm7 or is there something else that i should have done.

Upvote 0
Well i tried it a couple of times but couldnt get it to load so as a last resort tried the very latest cm7 which loaded fine and i have now got rotation.
I havent messed around with it too much yet so there may be loads of things i dont like about it but for now at least it is working. Appreciate the help.

Upvote 0
Ok could do with some more help lads as it has started to play up again.
It has been randomly losing the 3 main icons off the bottom of the screen but a reboot usually sorts it but they have now disapeared altogether and just a ghost of a star is left behind which when you press just says that nothing has been assigned to here yet.
How do you assign things to here and actually get them to stay there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones