1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Boost Phones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lMonsterl, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Capn069

Capn069 Well-Known Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

Like I said, went in for the 2 but left with the 3. Not sure if any stores are selling the boost epics yet, online only

saw mostly only evo's. but they had clearance priced warps

3. Capn069

A store like 15 min. away from me has them. I was gonna get one the other day but the girl in the store told me they are gonna drop the blue one in like a month or so. I'm waiting.

4. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

I went to best buys, walmart, and radio shack. Didn't even have a spot on the racks for them

5. Capn069

I had browsed all my local stores and couldn't find one. I walked into the oldest Boost store around here and bam, they had one on display on the wall and at the counter.

6. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

i was going to go to one too but there is only one in the area and it was on the opposite side of town than all the other stores that would also sell them. I didnt want to drive that extra hour during rush hour.

7. Phrant1c

Phrant1c Android Enthusiast

I've been seeing the S2 in a lot of boost stores now. Seems like they are finally getting the stock out.

I am trying to find the article i saw the other day. Supposedly LG has a phone in the pipeline with a quad-core processor and 13mp camera. No carriers have been listed for it as of yet, but one can dream.

8. Aries2010

Aries2010 Member

The S2 is a really great phone i like it so far it took my awhile to Root it and put a rom on it *wipes head* but i miss my Marquee tho :(

9. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

They're charging out the ass for it. Y did it take so long to root? I just had to flash a zip in the stock recovery on the 3

10. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Android Expert

How much was the S3?

11. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

150 on contract

12. The~Skater~187

That's sweet. I may have to look into that. How'd the battery life on it?

13. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

i use it a ton and it lasts about twice as long as the marquee. running at stock 1.5ghz dual core

14. The~Skater~187

That's sick. No overclock yet?

15. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

theres a 1.89ghz oc but im not running it currently because it only supports up to cm9 currently and i havent had time to swap it out.

16. The~Skater~187

Oh, nice.

17. jmedno5891

jmedno5891 Well-Known Member

I'm interested in getting the s2 for boost but I'm hesitant since the forums on here for that phone don't seem that active, even compared to this one :p where did you find roms for the phone?

18. cjreyes666

cjreyes666 Well-Known Member

The phone is sprints samsung galaxy epic 4g touch and there is a great community over at xda even there is cm10 already available for it and you can install on the boost version and there is a flashable zip to fix mms already over the section of the samsung galaxy sii for boost mobile here in the forums,

19. Aries2010

Aries2010 Member

Galaxy S2 (Boost Mobile) - All Things Root - Android Forums
    Yes they have a jellybean already :) i had it but went back to stock because jellybean kills the battery you can also check out xda forums

20. phreak311

phreak311 Well-Known Member

The only phone on Boost worth "upgrading" to is the S2. None of the other new phones are better than the Marquee except for the fact they come with stock ICS. Just my opinion. If I didn't use 10GB+ of data every month i'd switch to ST. But they'd hate my data consumption lol.

21. braxton355

braxton355 Android Enthusiast

Maybe you all should get the evo and come to our community (; we need some love. We definitely need dev support we only have a few that are actually active now to tell the truth :( but hey you never know , when I got the OV a few years ago it was dead but look at it now.

22. tdm

tdm Android Expert

Just a thought...

I have an lg spectrum on vm with cm9 and aokp. Got 1x data, working on 3g and cm10.

23. braxton355

braxton355 Android Enthusiast

Haha glad to see you posting other than your cm9 thread. I just would like to thank you for your help with making me love my little OV I used to think I was the stuff after I put ics on that phone, I'd show my mom where I helped find a bug in your Rom that wasn't discovered yet (I'm 15, then I was 14. And then the Rom was still young itself) and thought I was really doing something. Haha keep up the good work. I greatly appreciate what you've done. I'm now using an evo for boost now, and I had the thought earlier today to root the Optimus that I've got laying in my dresser to test new builds and the new roms. I just may do that :D

tdm likes this.

LG Marquee Forum

The LG Marquee release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews